Chapter 30

Gemma, Rosalie, and Karen all go to Seattle on Sunday morning to go shopping

Gemma, Rosalie, and Karen all go to Seattle on Sunday morning to go shopping. Rosalie and Karen are talking nonstop while Gemma goes to get her some food at the food court, having know where the court is and stuff.

Gemma goes to wash her hands but she sees Victoria. Victoria rushes at her and she screams out. The only one who hears her is Rosalie. But Rosalie is too late. Victoria has already bitten Gemma. Rosalie rushes to her and she helps her up.

Rosalie's golden eyes widen in horror and she pulls out her phone. She calls Carlisle in a hurry.

"Rose?"

"Carlisle!" Rosalie says frantically. "You need to get to Seattle. NOW! And give Karen a reason why Gemma has to ride back with you."

"Rosalie, what's wrong with Gemma?" Carlisle asks worriedly as Emmett snaps his eyes toward him.

"Someone... someone bit her," Rosalie replies emotionally as Gemma groans in misery before she sudddnly stops. "Carlisle, she's dead. She's turning. Hurry up."

"She'll be... dead for a few days," Carlisle says and Emmett feels his stomach drop. "I'm on my way to you. I'll find Karen first and then where are you?"

"You might wanna bring Esme," Rosalie says. "We're in the girls' bathroom."

Rosalie lays Gemma down and she puts an 'Out of Order' sign up and she locks the door. "Carlisle..."

"We're on our way now, Rosalie," Carlisle says. "You stay with Gemma."

Rosalie hangs up and she puts Gemma's head on her lap. "Oh, Gem. Oh, I'm so sorry I was to here to protect you."

Rosalie holds Gemma until she hears the door break open and Esme rushes over.

"Oh, my god," Esme gasps. "Carlisle is telling Karen we'll drive her home. Can you cause a bit distraction so I can get her out?"

Rosalie smirks. "A distraction is my middle name, Esme," Rose says and she leaves.

Esme picks Gemma up and as soon as she knows the coast is clear, she rushes her out to Carlisle's car. She sends a message to Rose and Carlisle, saying they made it out, and she sits up front.

Rosalie gets into the back and lays Gemma's head on her lap again right as Carlisle gets into the driver's seat.

"At least she got some shopping done before someone stole her mortality," Carlisle claims. "Karen will bring her stuff to the house. I told her that Emmett was going to ask Karen if Gemma to move in since Gemma already agreed. Karen will get her stuff and bring it."