Chapter 25

While Charlie prepares with Harry Clearwater - Harry's is Gemma's godfather because both Karen and Henry asked him to be- go fishing, Bella and Gemma are sitting upstairs in Bella's room

"I wanna show you something," Bella says suddenly. "Put your shoes on."

Gemma doesn't question her friend and they head downstairs.

"Hey, girls," Charlie greets them. "We won't be back until around three."

"Awe, I'll miss you," Gemma muses.

Charlie smiles at her, so does Harry. "You girls behave?"

Gemma nods and she follows Bella outside. The finds them walking in the woods, walking on different trails until Bella finds the clearing she's looking for. It's the clearing Edward brought her after she found out what he was. They had just laid there and stared each other in the eyes.

Gemma doesn't bother Bella as she falls, she assumes this place is of importance to Bella for her to come her and react this way. Gem hears rustling leaves and she spots Laurent. She recognizes him from the baseball game. She tilts her head to the side.

"Laurent?"

"Bella!" Laurent gushes. "And the other one. Gemma, I believe."

"Laurent!" Bella exclaims when she realizes he's real.

"I must admit," Laurent claims, "I didn't expect to find you two here."

"We live here," Bella replies. "But you- I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend."

"Irina, yes," Laurent responds. "It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria. The enemy."

"You tried to help us," Bella claims.

Laurent begins circling both humans, assessing the both of them. When Victoria told him that Gemma was human, he didn't want to believe her. He never picked up her scent up at the ballgame like the red head did.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty," Laurent claims. "I'm surprised they left you two behind. Weren't you sore of... pets of theirs?"

Bella's smile falters as Laurent stops walking directly behind Gemma. "Um... something like that."

"Do the Cullens visit often?" Laurent asks.

'Lie,' Edward's illusion tells the Swan girl.

"Absolutely," Bella blurts out. "All the time."