4.9 | PART I

update: the last chapter for episode 4 is parted in 2! -> this is part 1

The entire campus swarmed with police. CDC ran tests on the basement to see if anything had gotten out of the lab at the time of the infection.

Skylar stormed out of the now crowded basement. She ordered her father to get into the passenger seat of the SUV. Her heart was racing, her mind clouded. She refused to let the unsubs take away the thing dearest to her — Spencer. She wanted to believe that it was Michael's fault, but her subconscious already knew that it wasn't entirely true.

At a red light, she suddenly hit the steering wheel. "No, you don't understand," Skylar said. "I don't care if you're a doctor or whatever, I want Doctor Anderson to handle this case! An FBI Agent is locked inside and he needs the best possible care in order to survive this!"

The man on the other end of the phone call spoke again. "I'm a trained medical official-" he said.

"I don't care who or what you are. What I know is that Doctor Anderson's familiar with both the case and my partner and I have the utmost trust in her. No offense, but I don't know you. I'm not comfortable with placing my friend's life in your hands. So if you could just call her and ask her to trade places with you, I would appreciate that, sir! Thank you and goodbye!"The line cut off.

Michael shifted uncomfortably beside her. "I know you're angry with me," he said.

"What was that?"

"I said, I know that you're angry with me." He turned to look at her. "But that doesn't mean it's okay to treat others like they did something wrong."

"What's this supposed to mean?" Skylar asked. "Fatherly advice? Well, I'm sorry to tell you but as you might've noticed I'm not a child anymore. I can make my own decisions."

They rolled into the parking garage.

"All I'm saying is that you can be mad at me all you want but maybe be a little nicer to your peers sometimes."

"Says the same guy that just killed a boy," she retorted. With one arm behind the passenger seat, she reverse-parked into an available parking lot. "You know what Michael," she said to him, "Before you lecture me of anything, maybe you should look at yourself first. It would spare you a lot of embarrassment. God knows you've caused enough of that as a father already."

The door forcefully banged shut; even the seats vibrated upon impact. Michael knew he didn't stand a chance against his daughter. Maybe he had once, but not anymore. With a desperate sigh, he unbuckled his seat belt and eventually got out, too.

 With a desperate sigh, he unbuckled his seat belt and eventually got out, too