"Nice place, huh?"

I keep quiet at the sheer scope of wealth being paraded around me. I wonder how much money my parents must have stolen for it to matter to people like this. The glittering scene does little to distract me,but I can't help but be surprised when Roseanne leads me to my room.

calling it a room is doing it injustice, actually.

"This looks more like a master bedroom than a guest room."

Rosé laughs under her breath. There's another bar set up in a corner,framed by abstract paintings of nude women and cityscapes. Rosé seems a fond of abstract art in general-- it flanks every corner of the room, and she even has one installed right next to the huge bed.

"make yourself comfortable."

Wait a second...

Roseanne sighs in relief, I glance around, looking for another doorway. "This isn't the guest room?"

"It's my room." Roseanne chuckles.

So that's what she meant bye 'her part' of the house?! I had assumed she meant a whole wing or something.

"Is there a, uhm, couch, or..." I spot a few uncomfortable-looking loveseats, barely big enough to perch on.

"You picked me to be your watch dog. That means you bunk with me."

"But there's only one bed!" I look around again and protest.

Rosé laughs, and I realize she isn't stopping with just her jacket. In just a moment, she's stripped down to her underwear.

"It's big enough for the both of us to stretch out. See?" She flops onto the bed, stretching out sinuously to demonstrate. Pillowing her hands behind her head, Rosé gives me a knowing smile.

"Give it a try".

I set a palm on the mattress, surprised at how soft it is... and how exhausted I am.

I might pass out whether I want to or not.

"Don't worry. I won't bite unless you want me to." She watches me expectantly.

There's a dark hunger in those eyes, for sure. They're entrancing the way a snake must be transfix its prey. But at the same time... Something about her seems... off. Like she flirts out of instinct, without really thinking about it.

I don't think she means half of what she says.

Rebellion burns bright in me, and I know I can't let this go unchallenged. Does she think that intimidates me?

"And if I say yes?" I ask and for the first time, Rosé falters.

"... hmmm?"

"If I wanted you."

In the semi darkness of her room, I can still make out every curve of her body. She's got a killer figure, and skin that looks soft as satin

She's literally the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

"If this were any other circumstance... Would you?"

Her smile has a nervous edge to it now. "Well that's interesting... I have to admit, I'm tempted. I've seduced a lot of women. Some of them are my enemies. But never a kidnapping victim."

"There's a first time for everything."

Rosé pops her head on one hand, staring at me. I got the sense she'd been teasing me before, but now... Now she's considering it for real. Then she throws her head back and laughs, falling onto the bed.