Chapter 2 : Sudden Feeling

Start from the beginning

Sitting on her bed and tapping her feet on the ground impatiently, she was still waiting for Mr and Mrs Kim to come to pick her up. She didn't know what to feel. Suddenly the emotions and feeling of if her parents would really be happy with her getting a new family were dominating her mind. The insecurities came kicking in like a kangaroo and she one again feared if she would really be able to adjust herself in the new environment. These insecurities were like common flu, no matter how much we try to stay away from it, we'd have to encounter them once in a while. Before her thoughts could take a wild turn she was brought out of them with a knock at her door.

Taking a deep breath she opened the door to see two familiar but one unfamiliar face. It was Mr and Mrs Kim but this time accompanied by a new boy. His blond undercut hairstyle was complementing his prominent jawline. His muscular arms were clearly visible through his black summer top and the blank doe eyes resting on his coffee coloured skin gave him an cute yet intimidating aura.

"Good Morning." Eunjae said passing them a warm smile. She looked over to the blond hair guy and passed him a smile too but to her surprise he just diverted his eyes to the opposite direction completely ignoring her. Thinking she must have seen it wrong, she was quick to shrug it off and once again diverted her attention to the couple standing there.

"Morning Dear. I hope you are all ready to go." Mr Kim, who was dressed in a rich cream coloured suit, greeted her back while patting her head dearly and looked at her with warm gaze. Just like her father, she thought.

"Yes Mr Kim. I am all ready."

"Ohh, don't be so formal Eunjae. Call us Mom Dad if it's fine with you." The worlds left Mrs Kim's mouth but she soon realised how difficult it would be for the girl standing in front of her.

Hearing Mrs Kim's words Eunjae felt a stinging sensation in your heart, as if someone has just squeezed it. She knew Mrs Kim's intention wasn't to make her feel this was and she completely understand her but she can't call anyone else her Mim and Dad except them. She can't replace them so soon. Noticing her smile drop Mrs Kim quickly spoke up again.

"There's no force dear. We understand. Just call us whatever you want." The smile of assurance on her face calmed the nervous girl down to some extent as she spoke again.

"Thank You"

"Of course. Now let's go. Our Caretaker Mr Lee will look after your belongings." Mr Kim replied immediately as he now walked out of the room gesturing all of you to follow him too.

"Oh! Before that he is Jungkook. One of your 7 brothers. The others are waiting at the house." Mrs Kim said pointing towards the tall guy who was busy in his phone.

'S-seven brothers?' She kept looking at him, who eyes never once left his phone, thinking how it would be to have 7 brothers.

"We'll wait for both of you downstairs. Come soon." Eunjae heard Mrs Kim's voice as she too left the room, leaving behind the girl and Jungkook.

"Umm Hello. I'm Eunjae, college first year." She told her age in hope to know if he's older than her or not

"Hmm. If you're done then can we move?" Jungkook replied flatly, not caring to even greet properly, as he lifted his gaze to meet that of Eunjae. 

Their gaze locked for a moment, his coal black orbs staring into her cocoa one's. Finding the voice and look in his eyes intimidating she decided not to talk any further and gestured him to proceed. "O-ohh yeah sure. After you."

Reaching down she saw Mr and Mrs Kim talking with Mrs Oh about some last minute formalities. Not knowing what to do she started wandering her eyes in different directions until her gaze fell on Jungkook once again.

No doubt he had a dominating aura surrounding him. The way he stood with his hands in his pocket, the way he observed his surrounding and most importantly the way he talked to her a few minutes ago. Complete Attitude his face flashed.

"Stop staring and move. We're late." The boy she was observing so intently said in his same plain but a little annoyed voice and walked towards the car. Rude!

"Jungkook behave." Mrs Kim said sternly arriving beside Eunjae, but he was already seated at the back-seat by that time.

Does he not like her? Why would he behave so cold towards her? Maybe its all in her head. Or it's just that he's not much of a bubbly person. Nevertheless she followed them inside the car and soon they drove off, ready to see her new house and meet her new family.

She's finally leaving the orphanage. The place which gave her somewhere to stay after everyone abandoned her. Though she wasn't as attached to it to call it a home, but still she admired this place. She spent more than a year here. Her room. The walls there heard her cry at nights, saw her struggling without her parents. She's leaving everything behind, but maybe it's all for good.

Even after being all optimistic she can't ignore the feeling of uneasiness inside her. Something didn't felt right, though everything felt right. She can't tell why this feeling was arising but she was sure that she won't let this feeling affect her.

•√•

My fvcking goodness JEON JUNGKOOK IS BLONDE. 😶😶
My eyes popped out of the sockets when I opened Twitter. Man this guy's gonna kill me someday.

Your Overtalented Author
~AV

10/01/21