✿02

(EDITED)

italics is her thoughts

Chaeyeon's pov

I woke up and checked the time, 5.59 AM. God, I really hated when things like these happened. I had one minute left and laid back down on my pillow. I have to get those last few seconds left.

I groaned when my alarm rang, that one minute was so short. I walked to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. 

Today was my first day at Heelift High and I could feel the nervousness eating me up. I headed downstairs with a frown and sat down on the table. 

"Are you excited for your first day of school honey?" My mom grinned excitedly. It seemed like she was looking forward to it more than me. 

"No." I took a bite of my pancake. There was really nothing fun about going to a new school. Everything was so different and it was like restarting all over again. 

"Hurry up, Nayeon's gonna pick you up." said my mom before going to the living room.

Right as I was finishing up, my sister came downstairs. I put on my shoes and left the house with her.

She dropped me off and waved goodbye. I sighed and looked at the school. It looked boring, just like any other school.

I'd been dreading this moment the whole weekend. This all would've been way more fun if Yujin, Seongmin, and Jeongwoo were here. I wish I was back in Iksan with the others. 

As soon as I stepped in, I could feel all their gazes on me which made me widen my eyes and walked faster. I looked around for signs to the main office and let out a sigh of relief when I found it. 

"Hi, you must be the new student." said the office lady and I nodded. 

"Here is your timetable and your locker number," She said as she handed me a paper which I assumed must be my timetable and locker number. 

"Oh and Areum here is going to give you a tour." She pointed at a girl who seemed to busy on her phone. I thanked the office lady and went to the Areum girl. 

"Um hi Areum, I'm Chaeyeon." I introduced myself. 

"Omg hii! I've been waiting for you." She smiled a little too wide. "Took you long enough."

"Okay but before I tour you, it's selfie time!" she said and took her phone. I smiled but before she could take one, she looked at me with a judgy face. 

"I never said with you, I mean only me." She rolled her eyes. 

Great... This is gonna be a long year.

After she was done taking about a hundred selfies, she showed me to my locker. I could see her talking but her words came in one ear and out the other.