Past part-2 Offering Friendship.

" Having millions of fights with my heart and mind to forget you, still when my eyes catches your figure, my heart skips a beat and my mind imprints your actions, to torture my lone soul later..."
~Anya.

Chapter-27

Author's POV:

2 months passed in a blink. Surya's father, Akshith came and picked him for his grandparents place. And the couple too left to Hyderabad and as if coincidence, they again are neighbours with the Subramanyams.

Vanya got in friends with many in her new school, tomorrow is her birthday. Where as Surya left the next the day the Subramanyams left the town. Surya looked at the clock hitting 12 and heaved a big sigh as tears formed in his eyes.

The door of his room creaked revealing the woman who is the reason why his father hit him in the morning. With a frown on her face and a plate in her hands, Namrata entered inside and looked at the kid who in the morning insulted her saying she is not his mother, and being with them doesn't make her be so... One month into this forced marriage, Namrata have to handle two persons, one is her husband who gives nothing but cold shoulder to her, the other is this kid who resembles the deceased owner of this house.

Yes, Surya got her hair, her sharp features as eyes and nose. His cheek bones and lips are of his father's.

She sat beside him and heard him leave a low grunt. " Who gave you the permission to enter into my room?" Surya angrily asked making her feel bad but smiling at him " I am your mother Surya, no one has to give permission to me, since you haven't had any food I brought your favourite Aalo curry, rasam and rice!" She said and just then Surya's stomach loudly growled making his cute chubby cheeks have tint of red.

" I would have starve myself since it is given by you, but you know why I am taking this? Cause when my mom used to be with me she said if we deny food today, we won't be having food tomorrow and we always should respect it no matter what! I am angry but I don't want to hurt my mom also, now because of you, father is very upset with me, so yeah madam please don't involve yourself with me! You are not my mother and can never be and I don't want to call an outsider as my mom." He said and the each word he spoke to her ignited a desire for her to protect this child...

On the other hand. " Wait, 6×6= 36 and 6×7= 42. Mom! I got it upto here..." Yelled Vanya to Arundhati who is in kitchen checking the last details of meals.

"Who will learn 6×8 and 6×9?" Arundhati said and Vanya pouted. Tomorrow Vanya is going to have her formative assessment four and their school believes tables are very important for children. Vanya is still a second class completing girl. Where as Surya is completing his fourth.

"Mummy 6×10= 60! I got them, now can I go out?" She asked with enthusiasm. "Aahh young lady step out and see what I will do to you! And Anand all this is because og you! See how she is behaving like that!" Arundhati said frowning at her daughter's neglecting her studies.

"Haha, well, she already have one spoil sport parent and she doesn't like two being the same! Right Vanu?" Asked her father making Vanya giggle..

"This father and daughter!" Arundhati angrily mumbled but smiled nevertheless. She love them being like that afterall!

Days passed on like that and the time for summer vacation rolled in. Surya this time again came to Hyderabad for holidays. The woman in his home is making it hard for him to live. She is doing nothing, like really nothing except for staying in their house but still Surya didn't like her, nor did he felt sorry for it. His father after that beating tried to talk to him but Surya completely ignored him.

Why would he want to talk to that man who never cared for his mother and have not even present with them in her last days? His father didn't come to her last rites too and everything got carried on its own. His mother who was on death bed till her last breath had tears in her eyes, not for her death, but for her son who is nothing but a 10 year old and innocent, how can he take care of him alone? Surya won't eat food nor sleep without her let alone live.. Surya was the best thing that happened to her in her life.

Surya lazily tossed and turned when he heard the door creak. Looking up at his grandmother who is smiling at him he stared blankly at her. "Surya baby Vanya is here.. she will be staying here up to night so I thought why don't you play with her, she is nearly of your age, just two years younger than you." His grandmother cooed and Vanya suddenly jumped from his grandmother's behind making her chuckle.

Surya watched her bright smile. Which looked innocent but immediately turned away. Watching her smile made him want to smile back but no! His pride made him not to.
"Surya! You shouldn't turn your back like that baby! It's kinda rude." Scolded his grandmother making him turn to them again. Vanya is still smiling but her smile lessened than her previous one.

He got up and took his foot ball beside the table. Rolling it with his finger Vanya gasped when he did that making his chest burst with the pride filling in it. "You do it so good!" Vanya said and Surya bit his cheeks hard trying not to smile.

" If you want I will teach you." He said. "REALLY! Dadi, you heard this! He said he will teach me how to do that!" Vanya jumped happily making the old woman grin. "yes yes, don't go far while playing and Surya, take care of Vanya." She said and the two left downstairs to the nearest play ground. That was not actually a playground instead an empty area.

Some kids on the other end of the ground are playing cricket. The evening sun burning the kids but they won't whine about that!

"Now look at me and learn how to play football." He said and made few moves as Vanya eagerly watched it with a smile. "Wanna try Vanya?" Vanya snapped her eyes at him when he called her name. Giving him her best smile she nodded yes. After playing and teaching her for sometime the dusk crept in make them sigh and leave the place. "Why are you in our place though?" Surya asked leaving a huge breath.

"My parents went to out of city for some work." Vanya said looking at the sun set. They both walked in silent when Surya turned towards her and she looked up at him. He forwarded his hand "Be my friend, I promise I will teach you my football moves, and I am taking your friendship as my fee." Surya said smiling a little. Vanya joined his hands with a grin..those innocent souls never thought that they will hold onto each-other...

*Sighs*
I hope you all are liking this story.

Anya.❤️