My thoughts are cut short when my front door swings open, Tiff and Niall walking in with wide smiles on their face.

  "Summer break, bitches!" Niall yells, wrapping his arms around me and swaying us from side to side. I laugh and shake my head at him, Tiff closing the door that Niall has left open, an apologetic smile on her lips. "I feel like I never see you anymore." Niall pouts when he pulls away.

  "Yeah because you ditched us." I tease, Niall scoffing and following Tiff and I to my couch where we all like together.

  "Did not." He mutters. "Listen, when you drop out of college, there's like nothing to do." He explains quickly, tossing his head back dramatically. "I mean there's no going back to school because that's lame, and work sounds so miserable." He continues, running his fingers through his hair. "You know?" He asks, looking over at Tiff and I.

  "Miss art major wouldn't, but I do." Tiff teases, nudging me with her shoulder. I grin and shrug my shoulders, knowing that she's right. "You should work for Zayn, we both do. And that god awful Bryson needs to go." Tiff grumbles causing me to scold her

  "Stop, he's nice." I argue, Tiff rolling her eyes. Niall looks between the two of us with a raised eyebrow, obviously confused.

  "To you, he's fucking miserable to be around we you aren't there." Tiff mumble. Niall holds his hand up, his eyes closed for a moment before he opens them.

  "Well wait. . . are you not with Haz anymore?" He asks, his accent thick through his sentence. I swallow hard, Tiff pushing Niall shoulder causing me to grin lightly. Niall doesn't know much about Harry's addiction, he really hasn't been around much and when he is, we don't talk about.

  "No we're together, just on a tiny break while we figure ourselves out." I explain briefly, Tiff looking at me with a sad look. Niall frowns lightly as he stares between us.

  "He hasn't been doing well with his addiction, so they took some time to themselves. He's doing well now, though." Tiff clarifies for me, Niall nodding his head slowly as he rolls his lips into his mouth.

  "I've missed a lot more than I thought." He stifles a short laugh. Tiff and I both nod, and I feel bad because now the air is thick with awkward tension. "Your birthday is Saturday, are we doing anything?" Niall changes the subject with ease, my eyes widening at the fact that he knows my birthday.

  "How do you know that?" I laugh, Tiff seeming just as confused as I am. But our question is answered when his face slightly falls, shrugging lightly. "He's not dead, we can talk about him." I laugh, Niall sighing.

  "Well you look sad now so. . ." He mumbles. I shake my head, pushing away my thoughts about Harry and trying to perk up a little bit. I should be excited to be nineteen, even though it's kind of a shitty age. It's the last of my teen years and that's kind of sad.

  "We could go to Long Island, it's actually nice enough to do that now." I suggest. Tiff glances over at me with sparkling eyes, like she had been thinking something similar.

  "We can have a bonfire, grill out. Like a summer kick off kind of." She says excitedly. I nod my head with agreement. That idea actually sounds really perfect.

  My birthday was never something special around my house. Like I said, it was just another day. I never disliked it, but I never looked forward to it either. I usually got a present or two from my parents which consisted of art supplies, and that was that. My mom would occasionally make my favorite food for dinner, but that wasn't much. I'm not a picky eater, so I ate pretty much whatever was on the table.

  "I'll bring the booze." Niall chimes in. Tiff and I both grin at his words. It's always nice to have Niall around, really. He makes everything seem so easy, even if he's loud at times. He brings the mood up literally wherever he goes. I've missed him being around.

"And who do you get it from? Aren't you ten?" Tiff asks jokingly, Niall scoffing as he nudged his foot at Tiff.

"Does this face look ten to you, Tiffany? God." He replies dramatically, rubbing his jaw that has light stubble on it. I smile at their bickering, sitting back and simply enjoying their company. It's nice to feel like this again, and even though I still miss Harry, I can feel myself becoming happier as the days go by.

Happy update! I promise Harry will be back in no time, but here is a filler chapter until then!
Vote and comment :)

Much love
~C