Chapter 2

"Shh shhh don't cry Carlie don't cry. Shhh. It's okay" I heard Matt saying to me. He pulled me into a warm embrace. He smelt of axe and mint. He grabbed my wrist to look me in the eyes and I winced in pain. Matthew gave me and odd look before slowly rolling up my sleeve.

"Please don't do this ever again. Please. Why? Why did you do this?" Matt asked sadly.

"Can we go somewhere else?" I asked, my voice still shaky.

Matt grabbed my hand and led me slowly down the stairs and out the front door. He jogged over to his car and opened the door for me. I didn't know if I was ready to tell the story of my life for the past 2 years. I didn't even tell my parents.

When Matt was settled in he drove me to his house. He heated up some leftover Chinese food for the both of us and motioned me towards the couch.

"Thank you for what you did to Austin. It need to be done and I was so scared. Thank you Matt." I said as soon as we sat down.

Matt sadly looked at me. "Why'd you do that to yourself Carlie."

So for the first time ever I opened up. I told him about the abuse and not wanting to leave because he "loved me". I was naive. I didn't know. "And that's why Matthew." I finished. I was sobbing now. Matt only came closer and I rested my head on his shoulder.

When I calmed down I realized I barely even knew Matthew and here I was sitting on his couch letting him hold me. "Why did you help me?" I asked
"Any decent person would've. And I've seen you in school. You're very beautiful. I heard screaming and crying and I knew that it's not okay. So I came to help. I also saw Austin practically drag you up the stairs."

I blushed "Thank you"
Matt smiled softly and clicked on the TV. He channel surfed until he got to the season finale of American Horror Story. he looked at me to verify the choice and I nodded fiercely.

10 minutes later there was a knock at the door. We both went to get it. we looked through the peephole. No. It couldn't be. How'd he find us. A million thoughts ran through my head. The door opened slowly.

Everything went black.

----------
hey guys thanks for reading!! little cliffhanger for you(; sorry for the short chapters!! I try to update everyday but I'm a very busy girl so I will update as often as possible!!!
thanks lovelys ✌️❤️