Chapter 0: Silenced

|1% Charged. 99% Remaining|

Musutafu
General Hospital

"You should probably give up."

That's what the doctor said after the whole quirk test for Izuku Midoriya has been analyzed.

"W-What? W-why i-is that doctor?" his mother, Inko Midoriya, stuttered over the doctor's choice of wording. The doctor then presented the X-ray of Izuku's left foot.

He explained that, according to studies, people with double-jointed pinky toes, will not possess any unnatural abilities.

"In short," the doctor looked at the child. "This boy won't manifest a quirk."

A quirk is a supernatural ability that, by current estimates, roughly 80% of the population of the world had. Abilities, such as moving things with your mind, expelling fire, freezing the ground, etc. are definitely possible.

Quirks allow you to be a Hero. The occupation that many desired.

However, the remaining 20% of the population, was quirkless. Most of these people were ridiculed and ignored by the rest.

Unfortunately, Izuku was one of these unlucky people.

"T-thank you, doctor." the mother bowed down as they exited the building of the hospital and go home.

Inko worried for her child, obviously. I mean, who wouldn't?

Izuku's dream was to become a hero who saves everyone with a smile. Just like his, and many other's, idol, All Might.

The current Number 1 Hero, and the World's Symbol of Peace.

And all of that was shattered after he heard those painful words,

"You should probably give up. In other words, this child is quirkless."

|10 % Charged. 90% Remaining|

During the car ride, Izuku didn't say any words. The look of sadness on his face sort of disappeared. He just looked out the window as they were passing by the streets of Musutafu and got home.

The family of 2 walked over to their apartment and entering. Izuku still hasn't spoken a word.

'I know how heartbroken he is right now, but... he should've muttered at least something right now' The mother looked over at her child, as he entered his room. Izuku was always muttering about heroes and how they were great.

He owned notebooks, in which he used to write about every hero he could think of.

What could she say? Her child is really good at analyzing at such a young age.

And to suddenly experience something so foreign. So different. She couldn't help but always be worried about the child.

She entered his room, expecting for the green-haired child to be sobbing and balling his eyes out.

But he wasn't.

Izuku just watched his favorite hero's debut video on the family computer in his room. How he managed to save a hundred people at an explosion in under 10 minutes.

He always loved that video.

But when Inko approached him, she observed that there was really nothing in the child's face.

"Izuku..." she called out, as her child looked at her with no emotion whatsoever. "Are you okay?"

She asked, following with even more silence. The child just stared at her, blinking once in a while, still not answering the woman's question.