breakup, makeup (sr)

Start from the beginning

"y/n I think you are doing the right thing keeping this a secret, but I think they are going to find out anyway. You have become way less obvious at hiding your smiling over text and its getting harder for me to cover for you. I don't just let the rest of the team off to see their family every case they get in their hometown."

"I know Aaron, I just don't want to ruin my friendships" y/n sighed. "I mean my relationship with Spencer is already ruined."

"Then try to fix it" Aaron said heading out to the jet. y/n walked out of his office getting looks of confusion from her teammates. She ignored them and made her way to the jet wanting to get this case over with quickly. The jet ride went smoothly until y/n started to hear a ringing in her pocket.

"Hello" y/n said walking to the bathroom for privacy.

"Hi Mommy" her son said happily.

"Hi Matty," y/n replied enthusiastically. "Did your Uncle John tell you that I am coming in town?"

"Yeah. He said you have to work so you wont see me a lot."

"I know buddy, but how about we go to dinner one night or get lunch?"

"Okay"

"Okay, I have to go know can you give the phone back to your Uncle?"

"Hello" y/n's brother, John, said.

"Hey, I talked to Matty, I'll probably pick him up for a lunch or dinner while I'm here."

"Okay I'll see you soon sis, I love you."

"I love you too."

y/n walked back to her seat on the jet and the team began debriefing on the case and making final judgements on the case. When y/n walked into the station she noticed a firmiliar face, but she couldn't pin it down yet. Hotch assigned y/n and JJ to go to see the latest abduction site. On the car ride there, it was quiet. They made small talk, but both of them get this way on cases like this. Its hard on child abductions when both y/n and JJ had a child. While for JJ it was more personal because Henry was of the age range of the children getting abducted.

"y/n that one officer at the station looked like he was into you" JJ smirked. JJ while being very close with Spencer, was y/n's best friend and basically her other half. JJ knew about Spencer and y/n's very tense breakup and felt as if it was her duty to help y/n cope. JJ knew somethings about y/n's past life, but she tried not to pry. JJ knew y/n had been pregnant at one point but didn't know anything about when, with who, or where this said child was. She thought y/n's son was put into the adoption system, so she never asked.

"JJ I'm still really hurt about Spencer" y/n said tearing up. "I don't want to have a shitty rebound from my hometown."

"y/n maybe you just have to talk it out with Spencer, tell him about the old pregnancy and how you don't want to go through it again."

"JJ you should have seen the look on his face. It was like I destroyed his life, I can't be with anyone but him."

When they got to the abduction site, y/n immediately recognized it. It was where Matthew went to preschool and kindergarten, "JJ I know this place, I use to live down the street. Maybe I can talk to the people inside while you look around the area." y/n walked into the building she use to be so familiar with. "Hi I'm agent y/n y/l/n with the FBI here to investigate the recent kidnappings."

"y/n y/l/n?" the lady at the front desk asked. "I haven't seen you in what three years? You're in the FBI now huh. How is Matt?"

"Matthew is living with my brother, I decided to give him legal guardianship after I got my job with the FBI. I didn't want him in danger. But I actually have a few questions for you." y/n asked the questions she needed and got the responses she needed. The boys that were abducted had all either attended or were attending the preschool. They all had left early the day they got taken. JJ also got the information she needed from the abduction site, so the pair went back to the station to inform the team of their findings.