Chapter 5 - Deciphered

Princess? That was how important Melody was? Not just a random baby transformed into a human and thrown into a mansion with a computer interface as a 'mother'?

"Princess?" Melody shrieked.

"I wanted it to be a surprise!" Jax grinned.

"I literally just thought I was a member of the royal family, the way you said it. You referred to my parents as 'Royal Highnesses', instead of Majesties. You lied to me!" Melody screeched in confusion.

"Like I said, I wanted you to find out that you're the princess the cooler way!" Jax snickered.

Melody rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to punch him square in the shoulder. Even Ajax rolled his eyes; as if he could understand what they were saying.

"Your family was the last set of rulers to govern the Pixies, up in the clouds. Until, you know, we lost the war and the rest of your clan were forced to flee, your parents were sentenced to death in the original Selendine, and you were banished to life in an artificial mansion. That's why you were taken, since YOU were the heir to the throne. And since your parents are gone for now, you are our current ruler." Jax replied. "But I refuse to call you 'Majesty', since we're the exact same age."

"Sacre bleu..." Melody breathed, feeling faint. She couldn't even process this. It was like all of the air had been sucked out of the Earth. She was the ruler of the Pixies.

No. She became half ridden with disbelief.

"Come with us." said a plump old lady with wrinkles and deep indigo wings and a grandma dress with her grey hair tied back into a tight bun at the top of her head who was emerging forward. She had the same accent as Jax's mother, only much, much thicker.

Melody looked at Jax. He nodded for her to go with the lady. "This is Bathilda Trout, the main elder of the Pixies, and our advisor."

"Okay." Melody hesitantly agreed as she followed Bathilda into the Elder's tent as everyone resumed their duties, buzzing all about the return of the heir to their throne. The Elder's tent was at the edge of the camp, but it was purple, unlike the other green, brown, pale orange and salmon-pink ones. The tent was easy to peek through. It had miniature couches inside and Melody wondered how they were going to sit on them.

But as Melody walked in, Ajax fluttering behind her, she realized that the couches where actually normal sized. It was a full sized house, with two floors. How much Minifying did the Pixies use?

"Are you Melody Swan, ahub mann; or ma cherie?" Bathilda softly asked, correcting herself as she heaved herself onto a sage pillow.

Melody nodded hesitantly, as she stood, fidgeting with her fingers. She had no idea what ahub mann meant, but she assumed it was a term of endearment since she corrected it with ma cherie. What was Bathilda going to say? Was she going to get sent back to the mansion? Was she going to discover something about her past?

"I assume that Mister Jackson Berry has informed you about your history, and the history of the Pixies, and provided you with some basic information about the Pixies." Bathilda inferred.

"Yes. My parents, the rulers of the Pixies were convicted of a crime they didn't commit by Selendine, the Capitol village who had a plan to destroy us, and for the punishment, I was locked away and my relatives were forced to flee. The Nymphs worked with the Fairies to drive us out of our homeland, when," Melody summarized with a sigh, "the Nymphs were supposed to be protecting us."

"Correcte!" Bathilda fizzed, jovial that their princess was back, despite the story of the downfall of the Pixies.

Melody nodded her head.