Trust

Thank you Night_Fury_Lover13  for requesting this! <3 I really appreciate all the comments everyone has been commenting on my oneshots! I added or left out SOME details if thats okay <3

~ Set in RTTE ~ Hiccup & Astrid are dating ~ hope you enjoy! <3 ~

EDIT Apr 11 ~ bit ooc (out of character) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid was in her hut when she heard a quiet knock. It was getting dark, so she wondered who would show up at this time. She opened the door and smiled when she saw her boyfriend. 

"Hi Hiccup"! She said.

"Hello, M'lady" He said back smiling. She lunged forward and hugged him. He hugged back, she always hugged him every time she saw him.

"Why are you here"? She asked. "Not like I don't want you here" she laughed.

"I just came to say hi and see if you're doing okay" he said. Astrid smiled, he was always so protective of her, but felt bad at the same time, how he always worries about her. 

"It's okay, I'm fine" Astrid said, kissing him on the cheek. Hiccup looked behind her, and saw this small but not tiny, blue bear. Astrid saw him staring at something. 

"Hiccup, what's wrong"? she asked, placing her hand on his shoulder. 

"What's that"? He said. Pointing to the small bear. Astrid realized what he was pointing to and quickly grabbed it. She held it, hiding it a bit and stood still.

"M'lady"? He asked. Wondering why she was behaving so weirdly, then he saw a tear race down her face. He kneeled on the floor, and looked into her eyes. "M'lady, what's wrong"? He questioned, and held her hand. She quickly wiped the tears away and sniffed. 

"I'm fine" She said in a shaky voice, forcing a smile. Hiccup knew the difference between her real and fake smiles. 

"Do you want to talk about it"? Hiccup asked. She took a deep breath. Feeling bad for making such a scene, she knew how much Hiccup always worries about her. 

"Not really" was all she could make out. Hiccup pulled her shivery form into him for a hug, she felt safe in his arms, his presence making her feel comfortable. They pulled away. 

"It's fine if you don't want to" he said and wiped the tears off her cheek with his thumb. 

~

After Astrid calmed down, she faced Hiccup.

"Hiccup, can you please take this to your hut, I'm cleaning some stuff out and I don't want to loose him". She said, gently handing the baby blue bear over to Hiccup. He nodded, smiling sweetly. 

"Just, please don't loose him" She said. She trusted Hiccup, she knew he wouldn't loose it.

"Don't worry M'lady" He replied, planting a kiss on his girlfriends forehead. He left her hut, holding the small bear in his hands. He looked at it, It had a patch on it, and it made it look so valuable, he smiled. 

Hiccup got to his hut and set the bear down on his bed, there he saw Toothless sleeping on the floor. He perked up hearing the familiar footsteps of his rider. "Hey bud" he said laughing. Toothless bounced up, attempting to snatch the bear off the bed. But Hiccup quickly grabbed it.

"No bud you can not have this". he said sternly. Toothless gazed at him, and rolled his eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Hiccup's POV ~

I sat down at my desk, ready to work on my map. I have been working on it for the past week, and I was pretty close to being finished.  All of a sudden, I heard Toothless outside, I opened the door to my hut, to find Toothless playing with Astrid's Bear. Oh thor.

"Toothless no"! I shouted. Running towards him. He started to run too, off the edge of the deck. He glided in the air. "Come back here right now bud"! I shouted. He scowled, wanting to play more. He tossed it up in the air, but a gust of wind came and he lost sight of it. 

"TOOTHLESS" I shouted, pointing towards it falling. He dived for it, but it landed in the water. Astrid was going to kill me. I called for Toothless. 

"C'mon bud, we gotta find that bear" I said.

After 20 minutes of looking, It was no where to be found. We landed back on the edge infront of my hut. I looked at Toothless.

"Bud, you realize that was Astrid's right"? He whined and looked at me with sad eyes.

"I forgive you don't worry" I said and he licked my face. Astrid is going to be so upset, I promised her I wouldn't loose it. I felt so bad. 

I sat down and rubbed my forehead. 

"What am I going to d-" I began to say but was interrupted by Astrid.

"Hi Hiccup"! She said excitedly, bringing me into a hug. I looked nervously at her.

 "What's wrong"? She asked gazing into my eyes. I sighed. 

"I.." I began to say.

 "I lost the bear". I said and breathed in heavily. I couldn't blame Toothless for it, I should've been watching him anyways. Her smile turned into a frown.

"You have to be joking" she said looking at me with a look of hope. 

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to I'm really sorry, I really am M'lady". I said. 

"Seriously Hiccup! You said you wouldn't loose it I trusted you"! She yelled, tears forming in her eyes. 

"I know" I said, disappointed, "It was an accident I'm really sorry". I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked down. She pushed my hand off and stormed away. Toothless let out a whine.

"Astrid wait"! I shouted, starting to run after her. But I was too late, she already mounted Stormfly and flew off. 

"C'mon Toothless" I said. "Lets go find Astrid. 

~~~~

After a few minutes of searching I found her sitting againsed a tree, holding a small flower in her hand. I dismounted Toothless. 

"Wait here bud" I told him and he sat down. I walked over to Astrid, and sat beside her. I looked at her. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and she had a tear stained face. I put my arm around her. 

"M'lady"? I said. She turned her head up and gazed into my eyes. 

"You know I would never do it on purpose, I didn't mean to" I said. 

..

"I know" she said. She started to cry again, she leaned into my chest. I looked down at her. She was always so independent, and barely ever cried, It broke my heart to see her like this. She looked up from my chest.

"It's just.." She paused. 

"That was the very last thing my parents gave to me before they got injured in the storm". She said shaking. "There was objects flying everywhere, that's how it got a patch, because it ripped". She took a deep breath. I froze, I should've taken care of it more, I never knew how much it meant to her. 

"I'm so sorry Astrid" I said kissing the top of her head. 

"It's alright" she said and smiled. "I love you". 

"Love you too M'lad-". I was cut off by Astrid who suddenly kissed me, her soft lips touched mine. We both pulled away smiling. 

"I still trust you Hiccup" She said, and leaned her head on my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~

That's a wrap! Hope you enjoyed <3 It's not the best though so sorry about that

Have a good day or night! <3

bye!