Before I can draw in the air my body needs I rush forward and tightly wrap my arms around his neck taking him by surprise. I can feel his firm torso and the heart that beats within. His hands are folded around my back, drawing me in closer. I  feel my body shake, as I start crying to release the tension of this week.

Yoongi pulls his head back and wipes away my tears with a calloused finger, even this roughness brings more relief than my heart can hold.

I want to speak but all I can do is croak, "I'm sorry." His mouth paints a soft smile and he nods once before folding me in his arms again.

"I want to explain." He says in his raspy half-asleep voice.

I nod my head and pull away, sitting on the couch next to him.

"There were times I felt like the world was slowly disappearing in front of me. Or maybe it was just me who no longer wanted to be part of it." he anxiously looks up to me and I take his hands in mine squeezing reassuringly letting him know I am here for him.

"That doesn't really matter though... because my burning lungs that struggled to draw in air and my heart that beat inside my chest so hard I thought it would break my ribs were the only things I could think about." He mutters nervously, licking his lips trying to moisten them.

"The darkness in my head, deep inside my soul, slowly swallowing all my hopes and dreams. That is what mattered the most. That was when it was the hardest for me." My eyes took in his face, his expression was tight and filled with strain.

"Those times kept me awake at night. and made me wonder: why am I living? And when I couldn't find the answers, my anxiety turned into panic. And I would be lost for days."

My heart twisted and sunk with nerves as I sat in front of him listening to him bring his darkness into light. "Yoongi..."

"Just let me finish." He stops me, his voice thick and unsteady.

"Ashton is my cousin and when I was kicked out I would sometimes stay at his house. I knew he wasn't a good person but I needed a place to stay so I wouldn't freeze to death on the street." He takes in a deep breath trying to steady his nerves.

"When I saw you years ago it was like looking in the mirror, I could see the same hurt coming off of you. But I was struggling still, I could barely survive. You were just a small girl and I knew you had been through things. You would never look at me, always stayed quiet and to yourself... I didn't know what they were doing to you." his voice cracks as he tries to swallow the lump in his throat.

"Yoongi. I don't blame you." I exhale a breath "I shouldn't have blown up on you, it was just a lot to learn. But what they did is not your fault and you have nothing to be sorry for."

We sit there in silence, no anger, or bitterness between us. Yoongi suddenly turns to me. "I have a plan," he says with a smile.

 "I have a plan," he says with a smile