ARC 11 Re : Spring Comes Upon A Withered Tree

Start from the beginning

“Is the Fayser Forest very good? So good that Keke won’t even come back to see us.” The second oldest, Gray, was a bit sullen.

Ivan was silent.

Bubbles puffed out his cheeks and said, “When we see Keke, let’s all ignore him unless he apologizes to us in person.”

The third oldest, Lorinda, pinched the corner of her clothes and said while choking in sobs, “I don’t want Keke to apologize, I just want to be with him.”

The other elves voiced their opinions one after another, discussing what they should do when they saw Keke. The only one who didn’t speak was the fifth elf, Michael. He was a mute, and unlike the other elves who were excited, expectant and angry, there was a hint of sadness in his eyes.

When Ivan appeared in the Fayser Forest with the elves, all the mixed-blood elves were shocked. Ever since the disappearance of Teldrassil and the Spring of Life, the pure-blooded elves on the continent were almost extinct. It was unexpected that not only did the elf survive with his own power, leaving a ray of life for the elven race, but also saved the twelve pure-blooded elves.

Compared to the mixed-blood elves with mixed powers, the pure-blood elves with natural talents are the true natural enemies of the specters.

However, they soon discovered a cruel fact. The 12 little elves all had disabilities. Bubble who has a weak body, Gray who was blind in the left eye, Lorinda who was poisoned, Wuyin who was deaf, Michael who was mute, Sara who can’t feel pain, Shadi who can’t smell, Kanyo who has short memory, Shear who has weak legs, Aram whose skin was like tree barks, Miya who fears the sun, and Erika who has dry, hard hair.

The legendary perfect pure-blood elves were all disabled.

This discovery instantly cooled down the originally excited mixed-blood elves. But born with respect for the pure-blooded elves, they still took up the responsibility of protecting.

The simple little elves didn’t notice the strange gazes of others. They excitedly rushed to the center of the Fayser Forest, but didn’t see the person they wanted to meet.

Standing in front of the towering Teldrassil, the elves asked, “Ivan, where’s Keke?”

“Right here.”

The elves looked at the big tree in front of them and felt its breath. Despite it being so kind, for some reason, the elves couldn’t help but cry. They felt that Keke who used to accompany them was no longer around.

In their young minds, the Keke who has flesh and blood, the Keke who can talk and laugh, the Keke who protects and teaches them, is a more important existence than Teldrassil.

Teldrassil is related to the survival of the elves. It is so sacred, so vibrant, but it has no soul.

The little elves hugged Teldrassil and cried their eyes out.

The mixed-blood elves were very puzzled : “The resurrection of Teldrassil is a gospel for the elves and the whole continent. Shouldn’t you as pure-blood elves be happy?”

The little elves weren’t able to express the feelings in their hearts with words. They only knew that Teldrassil that had lost its soul was not the complete Teldrassil at all.

After crying, the little elves finally had to accept this reality. Keke turned into Teldrassil and was no longer able to smile at them, talk to them, and was no longer able to make clothes for them…

Faced with the new environment and unknown people, the elves struggled to adapt under the protection of Ivan.

Their disabilities, however, still had a great impact on them. At the beginning, the mixed-blood elves were able to remain meticulous. But as the little elves exposed more and more defects, they gradually lost their patience. Mixed-blood elves are different from pure-blood elves in that their minds are closer to complex humans’ ones and inevitably possess selfishness, prejudice, and various negative emotions. When the pure-blood elves, who were perfect in their minds, became pitiful, disabled existence, the mindset of admiration and reverence was gradually replaced by irritation, contempt and some inexplicable sense of superiority.