31 | a tale of two wolves

Comenzar desde el principio

The Mikealson's hand cupped Ruby's cheek as the Waithe's brown eyes looked to her. "Listen to me, Ruby, the pain will make you want to delay your transition because you think that's all you can take. But if you let it in, all of it.. then it can not break you." Hope explained, remembering what her Dad had told her when she first transitioned.

Ruby gave a nod, before she exhaled "I.. I can do this." She reassured herself. "When you're done, run wild and free. I'll join you." Hope smiled lovingly, before she stepped away from her girlfriend.

Ruby continued to scream out in pain, as her bones continued to break, but suddenly it all stopped, as she had finished her first transformation. In front of Hope stood a wolf with shiny brown fur and bright yellow eyes. "She did it... she's beautiful." Hope told herself, as she admired Ruby's wolf form.

Ruby turned around before running off into the woods. Hope looked around, making sure nobody was around, before she began to throw off her clothes, intending to transform and run free with the Waithe.

❤︎

The next morning had arrived, and Ruby was currently trying to get back to her dorm room after her first transition. She tugged the pink and purple flannelette shirt she'd borrowed from Monica around her, as she closed her dorm door behind her.

The pinkette looked up at Hope, who had already showered and changed. "That felt like a walk of shame." Ruby confessed awkwardly as Hope burst out into laughter.

The tribrid then walked over to the werewolf, and quickly planted a kiss on her forehead. "I'm proud of you." Hope said, with a loving smile as she looked into Ruby's eyes. Ruby smiled back brightly in response, "Thank you for staying with me." She said before the pair shared a kiss.

The door to Hope and Ruby's door then flew open, as Monica stood in the doorway. "Yikes." She blurted, realising she'd interrupted them. Ruby and Hope broke apart and turned to Monica. "Hey Mon." Ruby greeted.

"You completed your first transition?" Monica asked as Ruby nodded, relieved. The blonde cheered before she rushed forward to embrace her, "I'm so proud of you." She said, though the Montgomery still felt guilty. She blamed herself for triggering Ruby's curse. Ruby hugged her best friend back, "Thanks Mon."

"Hey... have you seen the state of your brother?" Monica then asked once they broke apart as Ruby raised an eyebrow. "No— what happened?!" Ruby demanded as she moved towards the door to leave and go to her twins dorm.

Monica used her speed to move in the way of the door, so that Ruby couldn't leave. The Waithe gave her a puzzled look. "I think you're missing something, babe." Hope laughed, as Ruby gave her a confused look.

"Pants."

The Waithe turned back to Monica, who had just said that. "Yeah. That's a good idea, hey?" She laughed, visibly embarrassed.

Monica couldn't help but to laugh now, before she looked Ruby up and down, "You know what, keep the flannelette. It suits you." She decided, before she spun on her heels and left the room.

❤︎

Now wearing a pair of jeans, black converse shoes and a white tshirt under the opened pink flanellette shirt Monica had given her, Ruby rushed to Rafael's dorm, followed by Hope and Monica. They found Emma and Alaric with the Waithe as he looked uncomfortable and irritated.

"What's going on?" Ruby asked, sternly as Emma turned her head to the baby werewolf, vampire and the tribrid. "It's called Lunar psychosis." She said before Monica blurted, "That's a thing?"

"Quit taking! Quit making noise!" Rafael snapped at the trio as Monica frowned at him, opening her mouth to sass him, but not before Emma casted a spell on him, which caused his breathing to slow.

"What did you do to him?" Hope then asked. "It's okay, I'm just slowing down his heart. It will calm him down." Emma explained to them. "What's happening to me? I keep losing time."

"As I said... lunar psychosis, which means that your mind is in flux, trapped between... your wolf and human states, making it harder to bridge the gap and access your memories like you normally would. It's very rare. It only happens after a premature reversion." Emma explained, before she added, "So something caused your body to shift back before the full moon was over, leaving you like this."

Rafael stammered, "Wh-What kind of something?" To which the Tig answered, "Usually trauma."

"Something bad happened." Ruby realised, thinking the worst. "We don't know that." Emma insisted. "Three of them left, and only one came back. Something bad happened." Hope agreed with her girlfriend.

"Girls... Why don't you give us a minute? Go on and check on the other wolves." Alaric asked as the girls all frowned. "I'm worried about this one, my twin!" Ruby admitted harshly while neither Hope or Monica budge, as Monica placed her hand on her hip, staring Alaric and Emma down.

"Girls... please."