Moceit - "Could I Kiss You?"

WORD COUNT: 717

Patton took out his ukulele and began to strum a few chords. Janus was led to a blossoming field near their school, with dozens of dandelions and lilacs. It was surreal looking. Patton was getting the tune right, "I-I'm pretty sure you're going to love this song, Jay.." Patton smiled, Janus was in awe of how pretty the boy looked, freckles dotting his face, his glasses crooked and some dusted blush on his cheeks. Janus scooted closer, "I bet I am.." Janus fidgeted with his sleeve. Janus was wearing a yellow polo shirt with black linings on the sleeves with a black cardigan. Patton was wearing a white tee with dark blue overalls that had a big pocket in the middle with flowers in them. Sunflowers, Roses, etc. Patton had fluffy blonde hair that covered some of his face, he had bright lips with some pink lipstick and blue eyes. Patton had white KEDS and funny socks. He looked gorgeous.

Janus had brunette fluffy hair that was covered with a yellow beanie, he had green eyes and some ripped jeans that his shirt was tucked into with the jeans cuffed. He had yellow converse with white socks. His lips had Wild Cherry Burt Bee's Chapstick and were previously hydrated with water. He had vitiligo on his left side which Patton adored, he said it made him 'unique' and 'beautiful' which made Janus melt. Janus had a sketchbook in hand but he placed it down when Patton said they were there.

Janus had said he always wanted to be in a flower field being sung to. Patton was a saint.

"Okay, Okay I'm ready!" Patton giggled, Janus took out his phone, sat it against a tree where they could see each other and recorded. "One, two, three, four.." Patton whispered.

"I was alone for a while

You came along and you

Asked me for a smile
I guess then the stars had aligned
A flower bloomed, the clouds were rushing out of my mind"

Janus hummed along, grabbing flowers and twisting them into a crown.

"And that's how it goes in the films
Tears of honeysuckle welling up in your eyes
A boy meets a girl, they go off to beat the world
And they both are left unsatisfied"

Janus rested his head on Patton's lap as he sung, linking flowers.

"Well, lovesick boys will write you love songs
And lovesick girls will always listen
But what you fail to see's there's plenty of us
So keep your petals pointing towards the sun"

Patton smirked, hinting something. Janus blushed a tiny bit, not ready to assume.

"And bloom
Bloom
Bloom
Just bloom, just bloom

You watch as he walks through the fields
Crushing pretty daisies under his heavy heels
He picks you a big one
It withers in the sun
You notice that the flower is you"

Patton giggled in amusement of Janus's flustered face as he made the flower

"And I know that he has the charm

To sweep you off your feet and wrap you around his arm
But he hurts you like crazy
He loves you, well maybe
But you are so much better than you know that you are"

Janus placed a dandelion on Patton's overalls, "Pssh, stop.." Patton said quietly

"Cause lovesick boys will write you love songs
And lovesick girls will always listen
But what you fail to see's there's plenty of us
So keep your petals pointing towards the sun

And bloom
Bloom
Bloom
Just bloom, just bloom, just bloom..."

"That was beautiful, Pat.." Janus said in complete awe. "Thank you!" Patton pushed his ukulele to the side and laid down too, resting Janus's head on his chest. Janus sat up and put the flower crown on him, "Oh, thanks Jay.." Patton flushed red, failing to contain his lovesick smile and giggles. Patton sat up as well, "Uhh, Jan.. I've been meaning to ask you something.." Patton spoke quietly, looking at the pink sky, "Yeah?" Janus asked, looking at him, Patton looked at him too. "Uh.. Could I- Uh,," Patton stumbled over his words, Janus was patient. "CouldIKissYou?" Patton said way too fast, "Pardon?" Janus asked confused.

"Can I Kiss You?" Patton asked, more clearer and slower. "Of course." Janus leaned in as Patton kissed him, Janus wrapping his arms around his neck and Patton wrapped his arms around his waist. Patton could taste the cherry. As they pulled away, Patton still held him. "I- Woah.." Janus looked at him, star-struck. "I know, right?" Patton joked as he pulled him in for another.