Chapter Nine

Standing next to the cold water, I was scared to even dip my big toe in. I sighed and sat in the pool chair next to the back door. Gabbie sat down next to me and she started massaging herself in tanning oil. I seen black ink tracing her hip and I looked at her wide eyed.

"Excuse you !!"

She looked at me confused.

"What? want some?"

She said offering me the bottle of oil. I pointed at her side and she went wide eyed.

"Please don't say another word"

I frowned and nodded my head. Eli had Aubriee on his shoulders and Noah had Maia on his. Teagen stood in between the two boys and yelled go as he swam away and watched the two girls wrestle to get each other into the water. Maia shoved Aubriee , hard , and Aubriee fell back into the water. Mason laughed and got on Eli's shoulders next.

"Trynna take on the champ!?"

She laughed as she flexed her arms and made her muscles show. Mason laughed.

"We'll see Jones, we'll see"

Aubriee said when to go and not even ten seconds later, Mason was in the water. I laughed and shook my head.

"No fair! Eli wasn't even holding my legs the right way!"

Mason screeched as he resurfaced from the water. I shook my head and Elijah looked at him. Eli was a pretty built dude. All he did in his spare time was go to the gym and workout. He was stronger than his dad and uncles put together. Shannon came over and handed me and Gabbie glasses of pink lemonade. We smiled and thanked her.

"Does everyone know?"

Gabbie asked after she took a sip of her drink. I shook my head and looked down.

"When are you gonna tell them?"

"I was hoping on doing it today"

"Do it soon. "

"I'll wait till we all sit down to eat."

I replied and she didn't say anything back. She just nodded her head and put her sunglasses over her eyes. I smiled and admired her hair as it shined in the sunlight. She was literally everything I wanted to be. Beautiful, confident, smart, talented, fit. Anything you could think of. I sighed and pulled out my phone.

We gathered around the patio table and made our burgers and hotdogs. I took a burger and put mayonaise on the bun, along with a ton of pickles. Everyone sat down and began eating. Elijah sat next to me and placed his hand on my thigh. I took a big bite of my burger and Shannon placed a bowl of chips in the middle of the table and headed over to the bar that was bulit onto the deck. She sat next to Luke and opened another bottle of alcohol.

"We have some news"

Eli said with a mouth full of food. He finished chewing and took a drink of his soda.

Everyone turned and focused their attention on Elijah and myself.

"We uh"

"I'm pregnant."

I blurted out. They looked at me wide eyed.

"YOU TOO?!"

Aubriee exclaimed. Then everyones attention was torn between me and Aubriee.

"No, not me. Her!"

She said pointing at her brown haired mother. I placed my head in my hands.

"Congrats Danni. You'll be a wonderful mommy"

Maia said smiling. I smiled back and Mason shook his head.