Three

𝙳𝚛. 𝙰𝚍𝚊𝚖 𝚅𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚒'𝚜 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎

𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙰𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚜, 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚘, 𝚅𝙰

𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟼, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

𝟻:𝟸𝟶 𝙿.𝙼.

Tillie laid down on the couch, staring at the ceiling, waiting for Dr. Vidaurri to get back to his office.

"And how are we today, Tillie?" He finally arrived, shutting the door, while getting a different notebook that was dedicated to her. It was covered in flower stickers, as she requested to decorate each and every notebook he had for her. One for every year. In total that was 11 notebooks. 11 notebooks, for 11 years.

"Today, I made a new friend, his name is Dr. Spencer Reid, he reads like 20 something words per minute. I forgot the exact number, but it's a lot. And he had a special memory. Eidetic, I think is what he said. I searched it up, and it's like you can still see an image after looking at it for a bit of time and then closing your eyes. And he has, like, three PhDs, one in chemistry, which sucks in my opinion. God, I hate chemistry. One in mathematics, which also sucks, because, ew math. And one in engineering, which I know nothing about," Tillie chuckled. "He has a bachelors in psychology and sociology, though, which are both really cool. And he doesn't like hugs or handshakes because of germs, which can you even spread germs through hugs, since technically you have clothes separating you? Anyway, yeah, that's my new friend."

Dr. Vidaurri laughed at Tillie.

"And how does the idea of a new friend settle with you?"

Tillie paused while she thought of a response. "It's interesting, I guess. Different. This guy, I wanna know more about him you know? He's interesting, and different from everyone else I've tried to make friends with. Everyone I walk up to sees me as someone who's forward with everything, and is super friendly and cheerful and they get this false image of me in their mind. And, yeah, I know it's my fault, I'm the one who plants that image and gives them that first impression. But you'd think once I show them the real me they wouldn't get scared off so easily. But I just have this gut feeling with Spencer that he doesn't do that. He doesn't run from the people he knows. He doesn't give the 'runner' vibe. I don't know," she trailed off. "Maybe I'm trying to convince myself that there'll be a different outcome than before."

"Have you ever thought about approaching people differently?"

"You mean just walking up to someone and saying 'Hey, I'm Tillie! My mother abandoned me and my father ignored me my whole life until I started making money, to which I turned to alcohol and became an alcoholic when I was like 16. I find no true meaning and purpose in life and believe that we were all born to die. And you are?' Yeah, cause that doesn't comfort people and want them to be my friend." Tillie's whole demeanor dropped. Her personality completely taking a 180 degree turn.

"Well, maybe don't be so blunt," Dr. Vidaurri suggested before continuing. "Speaking of which, how is that? Have you drank any alcohol in the past week?"

Tillie looked down at her hands, not responding. He waited longer for her to say something.

"No, I have not."

"I know when you lie. I've known you long enough. What happened?"

"Dad called me, drunk off his ass. Complaining how I never call him or talk to him anymore. How he hasn't seen me in a while. Comparing me to my mom, saying I'm 'just like my bitch ass mother who abandoned him'. Saying I'm just as bad and pretentious as her."