Nineteen

𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛 𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚍'𝚜 𝙰𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

𝙷𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚡, 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚘, 𝚅𝙰

𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝟷𝟺, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

𝟷𝟸:𝟷𝟶 𝙰.𝙼.

Spencer had gotten home earlier than he predicted that he would've, giving him time to take a shower and do things that weren't work related, for once. 

Emerging from the bathroom in a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants, brown curls sticking in every direction, he sat down on his sofa with a sigh. His entire body was tense and achy, probably from lack of sleep, and drowning himself in work.

He closed his eyes, almost drifting to sleep right where he sat, when he suddenly jumped at the abrupt sound of someone knocking at the door. 

He stood up, lazily wiping at his eyes, and walked to the door. 

Another knock sounded.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he said, loud enough to be heard through the walls of the apartment. 

Finally, he unlocked his locks and opened the door, and to his surprise, a short blonde stood there, excitement in her eyes. 

"Tillie, what are-" She cut him off. 

"Get your shoes on," her smile grew, "we're going on an adventure." 

Raising an eyebrow, he complied to her request, and locked his door behind him, following her out to her car.

"What are we doing?" He asked, once she started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot.

"You'll see," she said with a smirk on her face. She continued driving, through the night, not saying anything else the whole ride.

Eventually, she parked at a building. Spencer got out of the car, and read the letters on the building: Botanical Museum of Virginia.

This must be where she worked, he had recalled that she worked at a local botany lab.

Together they walked to the front of the building, and once they reached the large glass doors, she scanned an identification card. A buzzer sounded and she pulled open the doors, grabbing his hand and pulling him behind her.

"What are we doing?" He asked her again, curious of her intentions.

They were outside once again, in what must've been a garden. There were all kinds of flowers, and vines, different trees. Stepping off of the pathway and into the grass, they laid down next to a large weeping willow.

The sky was the clearest he had ever seen. The stars were bright and vivid, away from all of the light pollution from the city.

"I wanted to show you this," She finally whispered to him. "I come up here all the time. I come here when I'm sad, when I'm happy. When I need to cool off." She breathed in deeply through her nose.

"Why did you bring me here, though?"

"Because I trust you," She said, staring at the sky. He smiled at her, at the awe in her eyes. 

"I trust you too," He replied moments after. 

The wind brushed against them, shuffling the leaves of the willow. 

The night was peaceful, calm.

Spencer stood up, causing Tillie to look at him in confusion. He only offered her his hand in response, gesturing for her to take it. Pulling her up, he hesitantly placed his left hand on her waist, and took her left hand in his right. Understanding what he wished to do, Tillie grinned at him and placed her right hand on his shoulder. 

Together, under the starry night sky, they danced. Sharing the moment,  being there as one, without a care in the world.

It was just Spencer and Tillie, with each other, alone in a garden, dancing through the night.