"Well... Like I said before, I'll see you later."

Shujinkou once again waved goodbye and turned to leave.

"...nice..."

Fuyu was sure at that moment if her jaw could hit the floor it would. She has never even heard her adopted sister make a grunt or sneeze, let alone say a word.

She noticed Shujinkou was completely frozen in place. Moments later, he very slowly turned around; his shocked expression matching her own.

"Rei?"

"...Shujinkou is... Nice..." Rei slowly repeated.

Not another word was said as Rei walked into the house.

Fuyu felt a variety of mixed feelings ever since that night. She felt envious and resentment for that envy she felt towards someone she considered a friend and whom she personally asked to look after her adopted sister.

But... I've known her so long... How come she never spoke to me or at least since...

"Fuyu, Rei's waiting for you," Kori announced.

"Hu-? Ah!"

Fuyu almost dropped her cup from Rei's second sudden appearance. The silent teen slowly raised her school bag between their faces.

"Right. School." Fuyu sighed before putting up a defeated smile. "Let's go."

...

Shujinkou stood in front of the abandoned wing of the school. It still looked the same from when he was a kid; dusty and falling apart. He was fairly certain that some of the boarded windows on the first floor had some kind of cobweb.

Is that dust or an actual spider web?

Shujinkou scratched his right cheek, trying to make an educated guess until Natsuki approached him.

"Hey."

She looked at the building and then turned her curious gaze back to Shujinkou. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just thinking about the past," he answered. "My sister brought me and Sayori here on Sayori's 10th birthday to surprise her with cake and balloons and confetti."

"Really?"

A look Shujinkou could only describe as surprised and disturbed slowly formed on Natsuki's face. Once again, she looked at the building then looked back at her friend.

"It's kind of a weird place to have a surprise like that at..." she muttered.

"She kinda likes exploring like Gramps..." he weakly chuckled. "Even if it's at a place that looks like someone would hide a hostage."

Natsuki remained silent. She wanted to jokingly respond to that comment, but there was something more important she had to ask.

"Anyway... What was with you yesterday?"

"What you mean?"

"You were creepily silent and couldn't even look Monika and Yuri in the eye."

Shujinkou awkwardly scratched his right cheek as he recalled the club meeting the day before. "I was that obvious?"

"Neko girls from manga could tell; it was that obvious, Dummy," Natsuki bluntly answered.

Another weak chuckle slipped through Shujinkou's lips. "Yeah... Monika said I was just having something called Jamias Vu."

"What's that?"

"Um... Something that makes the familiar not feel familiar."

Once again, Natsuki stayed silent. She contemplatively scratched her right cheek as she said,