After rifling  through several empty boxes and drawers, she finally found a handgun stashed in one of the drawers in the corner. She tucked it into the back of her waistband, before grabbing a screwdriver and climbing onto the workbench. 

She quickly got to work as she began to unscrew the grating of the vent. From her brief encounter it didn’t look like the whole group was in the airlock, so she figured someone else was working on a plan whilst she tried to work on a backup. Normally the girl would storm into the situation recklessly, but one wrong move this time, and her friends would choke to death in the room designed to vacuum out air.

Aurelia carefully placed the grate down on the table, before reaching up and grabbing onto the sides of the vent. She carefully heaved herself up with a grunt and climbed inside, her movements making more noise than she would have liked. 

The toes of her boots banged against the metal as she began to crawl forward, causing her to curse to herself. She quickly pulled them off and dropped them back into the room, before finally making her way down the vent, and hopefully towards the airlock. Keyword: hopefully.

As she quietly made her way towards the airlock, her ears picked up the sound of familiar voices. “Clarke?” she thought to herself, unable to see since the next grate was a couple of meters in front of her. She froze as the vent creaked slightly, praying that no one had picked up on the sound. A few moments later she resumed her crawling, and finally reached the opening in the vent.

When she finally peered through, she realised that it was in fact Clarke, accompanied by Bellamy who was threateningly holding a rifle. But the most surprising part was that it wasn’t a grounder standing opposite them like Aurelia had initially thought, but Emerson dressed up in grounders clothes, his knife pressed against Octavia’s throat as he snarled at the other two.

“Take out the clip, and throw it down the hall.”

Aurelia patted down her pockets, realising in horror that she had lost the screwdriver somewhere along the way in the vent. “Shit,” she murmured to herself, gripping onto the screws with her fingers in an attempt to loosen them. Her clammy fingers didn’t allow for it, instead making it harder for her as she sighed in frustration. 

The clattering of a gun forced the girl to look back down through the grate. “Bellamy you moron, what are you doing,” she muttered, watching as he walked over to Emerson defenceless with his arms raised in the air.

She paused for a moment as the glinting of the rings around her neck caught her eye, before she hastily pulled it off from around her neck. She quickly got to work as she used the edge of the ring to try and somehow loosen the screw, the sight of everyone getting tied up one by one not really helping the girl. “I’m never doing this again,” she muttered as she moved onto the last screw, realising Emerson was holding a gun at Clarke’s head as he choked her, the light above the airlock blinking red as the doors shut with a thump.

“Airlock 5, oxygen venting,” the voice on the P.A. spoke monotonously.

“Screw this.” Aura tossed the necklace back over her neck before the gripped onto the last screw, using all her strength in her fingers to loosen it, her fingers still slipping slightly as she tried to grip onto it.

“Airlock 5, oxygen venting,”

“I told you to beg!” Emerson roared as everyone in the airlock began to pass out one by one, their lungs constricting as the oxygen left the room.