Chapter 24

NILIPAT na ang asawa niya sa isang pribado at mamahaling room. Agad siyang nagtungo roon at muntik ng mabuwal sa kinatatayuan ng makita ang kalagayan nito.

May bandage ito sa ulo, may brace sa leeg, at may mga pasa sa mukha. His body were safe from wounds and cuts because of his long sleeve suit but for sure it was hurt.

"He is stable now, but still under observation. We can give you fixed answers on what is the effect of his accident when he woke up." Naalala niyang sabi ng doktor. She was relief because he's fine now but still worried on what is the effect on that accident on him.

"Hija..."

Napalingon siya sa pinto ng pumasok ang magulang ni Heixon. Agad siyang napatayo sa kinauupuan, na malapit sa binata.

"Mom, Dad." She acknowledge them.

She can see worried and concern on Heixon's mom towards her.

"Cleo, you can rest. You look tired, we can handle Heixon." Offer ng mother-in-law niya na agad niyang inilingan.

"I can't, Mom. He haven't woke up, yet."

"But look at you. You look a mess. Heixon won't like that."

Her heart ached on what Mommy Chealsea said. But her decision is firm, she won't leave beside him.

"Thank you for your concern, Mom, but I can't leave beside him. I can't."

"Wife, just let her. If I were on her position I would do the same." Singit ni Daddy Chance. I silently muttered thank you.

"Okay, I understand, hija. But have you eaten already?"

Agad siyang umiling.

Kumunot ang noo ng ama ng binata. Kinabahan siya doon. She can see Heixon on his father's reaction.

"Heixon won't like it, hija. You should think also about your child and our apo."

Nanlaki ang mata niya sa gulat.

"Po?"

Kumunot muli ang noo ni Mr. Chance Benjamin.

"You're not yet pregnant?"

"P-po? H-hindi po ako buntis." She's on pills! And she told Heixon she's not ready yet.

Napailing na lang ang ama ng binata.

"Ang hinang bata." Mahinang saad nito

"Chance." Pinandilatan ito ng asawa.

"Tsk. When we were married, I've got you pregnant already after that. What is his excuse? I want to have apo."

"Don't rush, they will get there. Mukhang ini-enjoy muna nila ang married life." Depensa naman ng ina ng binata.

"Fine. If they can't give me a child then you will be the one giving it to me, wife."

Sabay na nanlaki ang mata nila ng byenan.

"Chance!" Agad nitong hinila ang asawa palabas ng silid pero nagpaalam muna saglit ito.

Maybe, the two of them get back together. It's not shocking, they look so inlove even tho decades may passed.

Lumingon siya sa nakaratay na binata. Magiging katulad ba sila ng mga magulang nila na maging masaya at kontento sa isa't-isa sa huli?

She hold his hand tightly.

Wake up, hubby-baby. I need answers.

But to her disappointment, he didn't. But she didn't lose hope. He will wake up.

Bumukas ang pinto at agad siyang ngumiti sa pag-aakalang ang mag-asawang Benjamin iyon. Pero nagkakamali siya. Isa itong hindi inaasahang bisita.

"Why are you here?" She's sorry for not being sorry that her voice turns out to be rude and mean. She hates her presence.

"Why? Am I not allowed to visit my friend?" There's a slightly mocking on stranger's voice she's trying to hide.

Friend. Napaingos siya.

"You can, but I think you entered the wrong room. My husband does not have a friend like you." Ipinagdiinan niya talaga ang salitang 'husband'. She will be knocking off some of her senses. Unang kita pa lamang niya sa party sa mansion ng mga Benjamkn ay hindi na niya ito gusto.

The stranger faked her shock. "Oh, you think so?"

Hindi niya napigilang irapan ang kaharap.

"If I were you, Miss, I think it's better for you to get out. I don't like your vibes here. My husband might smell that stinky aura of yours, he will not gonna wake up."

"Now you are proud callling him your husband. Hindi ba nga dati ay ayaw mo sa kanya. You are enemies, remember?"

Kumuyom ang kamao niya. "Wala kang alam! If you don't want to have scratch on your face leave this fucking room now!" Hindi niya napigilang sigaw. Naiinis siya. Naiimbyerna.

Hindi pinahalata ng kausap na nasindak ito sa sigaw niya. "Okay, if that's what you want. But let me tell you this, honey. Magkikita pa rin tayo and I'm the one who will open a pandora box for you."

Pandora box?

Ckim already left the room, leaving her hanging and confuse.

"Huwag ka ring magpapaniwala sa sasabihin niya."

Yeah, right. She should trust Heazen's word. Bakit naman niya papaniwalaan ang babaeng mukhang may saltik na 'yun?