CHAPTER FOUR #thelearningdead

Start from the beginning

Matthew was already on his knees, shielding his eyes from the scorching heat of the light. The light dies off a minute later and the disk opens up, revealing a large four-headed being with over 16 wings.  The flaps made by the wings sounded like thunder and drums flowing in rhythm.

The being had a head of a human at the front, an eagle facing west, a bull facing east, and a lion’s at the back. They each had marks on their forehead that burned with a blue flame. The arms of the being were numbered to 36, each pointing different directions and moving independently.

Matthew looks up and stares at the terrifying being. He tries concealing his face again but it seemed he was already hooked to the view.

“CHILD OF THE LIGHT, YOU PRESENT YOURSELF BEFORE THE PANEL OF THE LIVING-" the human head tends to complete his sentence but a blurt from his side cuts him short

“THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS SAID, FOR YAHWEH'S SAKES! WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS INTRODUCTION PROCESS MULTIPLE TIMES!” the eagle head interrupts the human head.

“REPEATING A MISTAKE TWICE IS A SYMPTOM OF CREEPING MADNESS” the bull head scorns the human head further.

“YOU DO NOT GO FOR A DIRECT REVEAL, WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS!" the eagle head speaks again, multiple eyes flashing on his wings.

Matthew maintains his posture of absolute shock as we watched the creatures argue amongst themselves. He thinks of making a sleek move of escape, using the ongoing dispute as a break point, but he wasn't too sure that would be one of the smartest options anyone in this position would make.

“I DON’T KNOW WHY YOU HAD TO BE IN FRONT BY DEFAULT!” the lion head adds to the scolding.

The human head gives a loud gasp of irritation that happened to raise the flames on the pathway. “DO NOT BE AFRAID MORTAL FELLOW. YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT HERE BY THE ARCHANGELS FOR THE PURPOSE OF REVELATION AND ENLIGHTENMENT, ACCORDING TO THE WILL AND WISH YOU REQUEST”

Matthew was confused now, but he just tagged along.

“WHAT IS IT THAT YOU SEEK?” the bull head spoke.

Matthew opened his mouth to speak but he slowed down a bit, choosing his words wisely. He didn’t want to get on the bad sides of these guys.

“Uhh…” Matthew stutters as he gets up to his feet “You know I don’t even know why the hell I'm here. I just slept off in a lab and then I see myself in a high-ass realm. Maybe I died in my sleep or something, I don’t know,”

The creature heads were perplexed. They pause for a moment.

“SHOW US YOUR NEZAER PASS” the lion spoke.

Nathan pardons “A what?”

“YOU’RE MEETING TICKET, WHERE IS IT?” the human head said, his voice backed with a little rage

Matthew knew he was in some big shit now “I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened… I'm serious!  I just saw myself here!”

“THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE,” the eagle head retorts “NO SOUL CAN GAIN ACCESS TO US WITHOUT CONFIRMATION FROM AN ARCHANGEL- YOU MUST HAVE MISPLACED YOUR NEZAER PASS!”

Matthew checks around his body, hoping to find what exactly they were looking for. He stops searching himself when he doesn't find anything, and looks up to beast-heads “Sorry, I don’t have it, I don’t even know what it looks like,”

The beast-heads were baffled. None of them knew what to say at the moment.

Matthew grew more curious as he stared at them despite their neck-breaking length “What are you guys anyway?”