8 - "Realization"

~ after Finland came to school where Russia and America are, she wanted to be more friendly with Russia. They were old friends, crushes. She wanted to restore their friendship as long as possible, but wasn't able to. When they talked , there was a chance of stuff being back to normal. But now Russia only has one thing on his mind ,and that is his "date" with America ~

🇺🇲 America's pov 🇺🇲

After school I went home for a little bit, same with Russia. We got ready for our little trip as I like to call it and went to meet eachother.

When I came by the bus, Russia was already there, waiting. He had a black hoodie that looked really soft and comfortable. He also had some more fluffy ushanka and scarf around his neck. I instead had some coat, hoodie under it, a cap on my head and some gloves. ( Also choker on my neck because I like those but it was not so visible ) Don't mind me it was cold.

When I got out of the bus I got soft giggles from Russia. I'm sure he was laughing about my outfit.

Russia : „Why so dressed up , it's not THAT cold."

He gave me a smirk.

America : „Im not a polar bear like you Mr.Russia Federation. I need some warm clothes or else I will be seriously cold."

Russia : „As you say United States of America. Can we got to our destination now young man?"

I laughed at his sentence. He was acting like an old grandma.

America : „As you wish old man, let's go."

Russia : „Hey you are older-"

And that's how our conversation went the whole way we walked to the cafeteria. When we came there it was getting dark already, it was around 5 PM so makes sense. ( It's winter )

We went inside and already got feeling of warm. It was really nice in here. Good interior, just everything seemed nice. They welcomed us and told us where was our table.. so we had table huh? We sat down and told waitress what we want to drink. I also got a dessert, ice cream. Because why not.

America : „I didn't expect you to pick a cozy cafeteria like this, and reserving a table~"

I teased him, it was fun to do so. He blushed and giggled.

Russia : „Yeah, it's not everyday you go to a cafeteria with your.. best friend."

He said the last part hesitantly, I would have said it that way too. I didn't know why.. but maybe I.. had feeling towards him.
I know it was soon, but I couldn't help it. I thought about this more while we were waiting for our coffees, and it made sense to me now. But I know Russia is straight so I had to hide myself as much as possible, that's why I just pretended to sleep on table.

🇷🇺 Russia's pov 🇷🇺

When I said "best friends" hesitantly America blushed a little, I didn't know why I kept saying it that way but it just didn't feel right to me.. it feels.. wrong. I am so confused.

America then fell asleep a little on table and I just watched him, he was adorable. Like really. I couldn't stop staring. I knew he was adorable but this much?

Then our coffees and America's ice cream came. We first drank our coffees, still talking about random stuff that came through our minds.

After some time America started to eat his ice cream, at first he was like

"Let's eat!"

And then turned into

"Shit this is cold help me"