nightmare

I'm in the water, some ocean. I can hear splashing from afar, I turn my head to the left.

"Y/N" splash, "HELP" splash, "HELP ME PLEASE-" splash.

"FRED!" I call out and begin swimming toward him. I notice myself staying in the same spot. I look down and see that my legs are all caught up in seaweed. I'm stuck.

"Y/N-" Fred yells out one last time before he goes completely under the water.

"FRED! NO!" I scream at the top of my lungs, my eyes filled with tears, fighting so hard against the seaweed, but it won't budge.

I finally break through the 'restraints' and I immediately dive down and start looking for Fred.

Once i'm deep enough, I finally spot Fred, laying on his back.

My breath is running out so I grab Fred and situate him so that I can swim up.

When we reach the surface, I gasp for air, like never before and start swimming to find something to sit on, or land.

There's absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.

Until.
I see a boat coming out way. I start waving my arms frantically trying to get their attention.

I feel relieved as they start heading towards us.

I board the boat, pulling an unconscious Fred up after me.

"Thank you so much for stopping-" I stop talking once I realize...
There's no one on the boat.

I look back down to where Fred is laying.

But he's gone.

I'm alone.

I look over the edge of the boat and I see Fred floating down.

I try to reach down and grab him but he's already too far down.

"You killed him."
"This is all your fault."
"If you had never gotten involved, he would still be alive."

There are voices coming from all around me.

"SHUT UP!" I scream out, covering my ears. Tears flowing down my cheeks at a fast pace.

3:04am

I wake up, my face stained with tears.

It was just a nightmare.
Its okay.
He's alive.
But what if the dream was real and I just passed out after and was brought back here?
No. Don't think like that.
But if felt so real.
Just go back to sleep.

I try so hard to fall back asleep, but I just can't. I need to know if he's okay.

I look down at myself, still in Freds sweater and a pair of shorts. I get up, look around to make sure the other girls are still asleep. I slip my shoes on and sneak out of the door, making the least noise as possible.

Since the 'boys' stairs don't turn into a slide when the other gender goes up them, I can go up with no problem.

I hesitate to knock on the door. I know Fred is not a light sleeper, but George and Lee are even worse.

I take a deep breath in.

Knock knock knock.

If he doesn't open the door, i'll just go back-

Before I can even finish my thought, the door cracks open.

Fred peaks his head through.

"Y/n?" He questions, "What are you doing here? It's 3:00 in the bloody morn-" He inspects my face, "Oh darling, what's wrong?"

"I-I um, I had a nightmare. D-do you think I could- sleep with you?" I ask, trying not to sound too embarrassed.

"Of course bunny. What happened in the nightmare, if I may ask?" He lets me in, and pulls me into a deep hug.

I can't help but notice, he's not wearing a shirt, and his pajama pants are hung low on his waist, showing off his v-line. I make sure not to stare.

Just thinking about the nightmare makes me want to burst into tears again. "F-Fred, you were, you were dead. A-and it was all my fault and, I-I couldn't save you and I tried s-so hard." I say through fresh tears.

He's still hugging me tightly.

"It's okay bunny, it was just a bad dream. Im right here."

He leads me to his bed and lays down after me. I face him. He pulls me in closer by my waist. I lean my head against his chest and close my eyes. Now comfortable because of his soft touch.

"Nice sweater." He says, and I can practically hear his smirk.

I slightly giggle, and lean in even closer.

Before i'm 100% asleep, I feel him kiss the top of my head, as he draws shapes on my back and waist with his finger.

"Goodnight bunny." He whispers.

He holds me tight as we both fall asleep in each other's arms.

858 words

DISCUSSION—>

(a/n: UHHH THANK U ALL FOR 500 READS- LITERALLY WHAT- I LUV U ALL<3
this one was a bit short but i still hoped i enjoyed! I feel like my writing has gotten a little better, bc i read the first chapter of this and almost threw up LMAO-
anyways, it's rly late and i have school tomorrow UGHHH
KK GOODNIGHT BUNNIES.
that's what i'm calling u guys from now on *enter smirking face*)