Downtown

"El?" Mack calls from the bathroom. It was Monday and she was getting ready for school. I walk over to the open doorway from my seat on her bed. I had woken up early today, but wanted to let Harry sleep, so I went to go bother Mack. 

"What's up?" I ask, twisting my hair into a bun, the dark hardwood was warm against my feet because of the heated floors my parents had installed when we remodeled. 

"Look at what people are saying on twitter," she says holding up her phone to my face. I stare at it stunned for a second. There were clear pictures of Harry and I at the airport. Twitter was blowing up, captions like 'Harry's mystery girl is finally revealed,' and 'Oh my god, who the hell is she?'. There was also a decent amount of hate comments, which I tried my best not to read. I let out a sigh before taking out my phone and opening Instagram. I guess it wasn't awful that Harry and I were seen, my parents have met him now, so I'm not worried about the pictures of us circulating the internet anymore. It's still nerve wracking to have eyes on me, but I don't think they've really figured out who I am. My Instagram loads, and I stand corrected. 

2500 follow requests

"Okay well I think some people may have found me," I say showing Mack my phone. Her eyebrows raise in surprise. 

"Well that was fast," she says, curling her eyelashes. "Just ignore it for now, El, try and enjoy the time up here with him." She puts on a coat of mascara and we make eye contact through the mirror. I shake my head and sigh, turning off my phone.

"You're right Mack," I say, closing my eyes and leaning against the door frame. My pajamas consisted of one of Harry's shirts and some sweatpants. My arms folded across my chest. I look out the bathroom window at the sky outside. "It's so gloomy today, I don't even know what to do."

"Just do the things Ma ma and Ye ye used to do with us," she says. Our Dad's parents used to watch us when we were little and our parents had work. They'd take us to Golden Gate Park to feed the ducks and walk around. 

"Yeah maybe," I say. "I don't know I feel like he might was to see like the touristy stuff, like the bridge." I shrug. 

"Yeah no," Mack says, finishing her makeup and looking at me. "He came here because you're from here, show him what San Francisco is to you, not just the touristy shit that holds no significance to you other than that it's from here." I nod, she makes a lot of sense.

"Yeah I guess we'll see when he wakes up, I don't know how long he'll be asleep for," I say, washing my face in the sink. 

"Okay, well Lizzie's outside, so I gotta go," Mack says, going to her room to grab her backpack before waking and walking down stairs.

"Have a good day!" I wave back. My door opens and a shirtless Harry steps out. 

"Morning baby," he says groggily. His voice was scratchy and deep from not being used for hours. He steps into the bathroom with me and gives me a hug from behind while I brush my teeth. I laugh and enjoy the warmth coming from him. His head is buried in my neck and I see him smile before nuzzling in a little bit closer.

I finish brushing my teeth and go to my room to get dressed while Harry gets ready in the bathroom. I didn't have a ton of choices, but I just picked out an oversized cream sweater and some medium wash jeans, layering a collared shit under it. I was going to wear my black converse when we go out, so I slip on some socks too.

 I was going to wear my black converse when we go out, so I slip on some socks too