29

"w - w - what do you mean?" she stuttered slightly, a lump forming in her throat.

"i went through a break up not long ago daisy, it hurt. i feel like i can't trust anyone." sighing at her, he noticed tears begin to well up in her eyes.

"you just need to find the right person harry." she swiftly wiped away at the tear falling from her cheek. in her heart, she knew she could be the right person for him. the one who could mend his broken pieces left by katie.

"daisy, we're just best friends making a few mistakes." reaching out to hold her hand, she flinched away from him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"they're not mistakes to me." she shook her head quickly at him, feeling the tears fall across her cheeks.

"come on daisy," he reached out for her again, but she quickly shot up from her seat, "i don't regret it, it's just confusing." he looked up at her.

"you just did that to try get over katie, didn't you?" she gulped, breathing in deeply.

"don't be so stupid." he stood up, stepping closer to her, watching her silently sob. "at the time, it felt right. but now i'm just confused." harry's fear of
commitment was really starting to mess up his and daisy's relationship. the other night was hardly a mistake to him either, in the moment it was passionate and sensual. he completely fell for her, he knew she was the one. but how could he possibly be with anyone else after katie? how could he trust another? she stood staring at him, tears drenching her cheeks as she stood with her lips slightly parted. in a state of shock, she allowed harry to move closer to her and rest his hands on her cheeks to wipe away her tears.

"i try so hard to not want you harry, but i do." she choked in between sobs, fluttering her eyes shut beneath his touch.

"i just need time." he whispered, placing a delicate kiss on her forehead.

"time for what? stop trying to push me away!" she raised her voice slightly, staring straight up at him.

"i don't really know. but i'm not pushing you away,
i couldn't lose you again." he mumbled. in the back of his mind, he still needed time to recover. he had completely and utterly fallen for the girl crying in front of him now and he felt too scared to do anything about it, other than try to push her away. he felt like a coward. "daisy you just -"

"no harry." she lightly pushed him off her. "i don't think you understand." she took in a deep breath, sniffling slightly, her eyes burning. "i think i've fallen for my best friend." sobs emerged from her chest, "harry, i can't help but love you and it's pissing me off!" he stepped towards her again, wrapping her into a hug.

"if we're admitting our feelings," he leaned down and whispered into her ear, his arms squeezing her tight against his chest, "i've fallen for you too." instantly pushing him back again, she stood staring at him, her mouth agape.

"so do something about it harry."

"daisy, i can't." a light tear fell from his blue eyes. "i'm scared of being hurt again."

"i'd never hurt you." she mumbled, knowing she could never hurt him. he was simply perfect to her.

"i just - i just need time daisy. please." tears fell as they stood staring at one another. she felt for her keys in her pocket, zipping up her jacket, ready to leave. "don't go."

rolling her eyes, she turned on her heel to look back at him, tears now falling onto her jacket. "i'm giving you time." she looked to her feet, turning on the spot and rushing to her car.

harry stood still for a moment, allowing who is potentially the love of his life to leave. in the moment, he felt pathetic. like he could have done more. like he could have admitted he loves her there and then. but falling for who he has considered to be his best friend for years felt strange to him. however, he always had a sweet spot for daisy, which is the reason why everyone was so shocked when he ended up with katie. simply because everyone thought that it would be harry and daisy all along, even the fans. but they have the potential to be that way, it's just the fact that harry needs to learn how to love himself again.

emerging from his bedroom, cal lifted his headphones from his head, "bro what was that all about?" harry sighed at his friend, throwing himself back onto the sofa, attempting to resist his tears.

"mate, it's all gone to shit." he exhaled, hugging his knees.

"what? why?" cal rushed over to sit next to him, he absolutely hated seeing harry sad. it completely destroyed him.

"i'm just an idiot cal."

"yeah i know you are bog," he chuckled lightly "but why this time?"

"i'm just pathetic. we both admitted we have feelings and i told her i need time. what kind of idiot am i?" he pushed his head into his palms, shaking his head.

"mate you went through a shitty break up, it's daisy. she'll understand." he patted harry's shoulder lightly, causing harry to look at him as he offered him a sympathetic smile.

"i hope so." he sniffled, wiping his eyes.

"how has this all come about anyways?"

harry shrugged his shoulders slightly, "i think i've always had something there for her."

"yeah mate, would've guessed that. the first time you spoke to her, you literally thought she was fit and you ended up being her best mate you pussy!" he nudged harry, causing a laugh to emerge from their chests.

"we kissed at her party and i genuinely felt something like it sounds so cheesy, but it just felt like she was the one. and then the other night we erm - we erm."

"you fucked her didn't you?" his question caused harry to awkwardly nod, causing his best friend to leap on top of him out of excitement. "yes brother!" he exclaimed.

"get off get off!" harry shouted, almost suffocated by cal.

"you guys are good together," cal pulled himself from harry, "i reckon she'll give you time boggo." he smiled as harry nodded slightly in return. "let's order some scran."

a/n
still appreciating all the love :)
i manage to get chapters out so quickly cos i just sit and bang out multiple when i cant sleep or when i'm bored lol x