13

it's saturday and nothing could get rid of the nerves twisting and turning in her stomach. she almost regrets agreeing to go, thinking it is all one big mistake and she should just stay in bed tonight. she really needed to hype herself up for tonight's events.

it has only been a couple of days since daisy and simon's agreement and she is already loving it and she can only assume it is going to get better once they really get used to it. but she was well aware that tonight they cannot be all over each other like they are when they're alone, the secret cannot come out yet.

after spending what felt like years in the shower, she sat herself in front of her dressing table, sighing at the sight of water droplets dripping down her smooth skin. she inhaled deeply, closing her eyes forcing herself to relax as she scrunched her wet hair with a towel. she felt like it was time to hype herself up, playing her 'bad bitch' playlist and screaming the words to 'truth hurts' at the top of her lungs.

once she had finally finished getting ready, she stared at herself in the mirror once again, exhaling as she told herself not to panic. it isn't a situation to panic about, she just doesn't want things to be awkward. smoothing down her dress, she wore a simple black dress, a black leather over shirt, dr martens and a zebra print bag to finish it off. running to the kitchen, she quickly poured herself a glass of wine as she waited for her uber and gulped it down before heading downstairs. just for a bit of confidence.

reaching the bowling alley, she was greeted by a shivering simon who stood waiting for her. "i'm gonna beat your arse at bowling you know?" she poked at his chest, grinning up at him.

"yeah whatever, shut up." he laughed at her, wrapping an arm across her shoulder, "you look nice by the way."

"well thank you very much mr minter." she wrapped an arm across his waist as they walked into the building. she was greeted by everyone apart from harry and katie who were yet to arrive and freya insisted she took some photos of daisy by the arcade area as she looked 'so sexy'.

everyone stood around waiting, staring at the time. harry and katie were 10 minutes late and daisy could only hope they were not coming. but they arrived and katie clearly appeared pissed off. everyone said hi to one another, until it came to daisy and katie. daisy felt as though it was no time to be a bitch, and greeted katie with a smile, "hi, you okay?"

"hmm." katie scowled at daisy, turning away from her and turning her attention back to harry. daisy turned to the rest of the group, rolling her eyes and making a face, causing everyone to laugh.

they used two aisles as there were so many of them, and the atmosphere felt tense. through the entire game, daisy felt as though she was constantly being talked about by katie and constantly felt her gaze. it made her feel increasingly uncomfortable as time went on. daisy could not help but think that if katie had a problem, she should just say something rather than obviously slag her off. "does she want to make it anymore obvious she is talking about you?" ethan whispered into daisy's ear. she only responded with a light chuckle and an eye roll, not wanting to create any drama.

the game ended and daisy did not do as great as she thought, katie made her feel tense and all she wanted to do was get up and head home, away from the awkwardness. "cheer up you!" cal wrapped and arm around daisy as they left the alley, heading towards a bar where they had a table booked.

"does she really have to be such a bitch?" daisy whispered, looking up at him.

"honestly, i tried talking him out of going back to her. i dunno why he did." he rubbed her shoulder as they walked through the crisp air.

"hmm, maybe i could've stopped him." she sighed, resting her head into him as they walked.

"maybe, but you can't baby him forever daisy." he laughed as they both stared at the couple holding hands ahead of them. as they reached the bar, they all sat at a large table. it was dimly lit with music playing in the background and she sat herself in the middle of ethan and simon, only for katie and harry to sit directly opposite them.