24

the last few weeks, it felt as though she was juggling with harry and simon. attempting to equally spend as much time as them as she could, whilst also seeing the girls and other guys and not once had she had any time alone, to herself. and tonight was just another night with everyone, going round for a few drinks at harry and cal's.

today was possibly the longest time she has had to herself, leaving simon's in the morning to 'get ready' for tonight was just simply an excuse to have some time alone. matters only felt more complicated, as though simon's feelings were getting deeper as he constantly requested to spend time with her, however her feelings for harry got more intense over the last couple of weeks. she had no idea what to do.

sitting in front of her mirror, she put on some light makeup and straightened her hair, just another night debating as to whether she wanted to go or not and if she would rather just have a night in, away from all the confusion. because being friends with harry again felt strange, she feared him leaving again, but she knew in a way that they needed one another after realising how happy they made each other, in a way no one else can. cal had already explained how he had instantly noticed harry's mood lighten, as though daisy had brought some life back into him and she could never leave that. the fact he was actually leaving his bedroom, eating properly and actually talking to people made her genuinely happy.

arriving at their place, she noticed a chirpy harry speaking to lux in the corner of the sofa which brought an instant smile across her lips. he glanced over to her, instantaneously locking eyes with her and grinning at her, lifting himself from his seat to walk over to her. "hi." she grinned up at him as he wrapped an arm around her.

"hello." he softly smiled back at her as she leaned her head into his chest. glancing around the room, she quickly realised she was the last to turn up as it was only her, harry, cal, lux, simon, jj, josh and freya tonight. walking to the kitchen, harry quickly grabbed her a bottle from the fridge, deciding tonight she was only going to have a couple of drinks. finding a spot next to freya, she rested her head onto her shoulder, grinning at the fact that for once things appeared how they used to be.

"i'm so happy you're here." freya whispered, "doing these drinking nights with katie was so boring." she giggled slightly, causing daisy to also chuckle.

they sat around, drinking and chatting for a while. for once, things did not feel as tense or awkward. it felt good to have a conversation with a group of people, rather than avoiding harry completely. she felt grateful for things being able to get back on track. that was until simon leaned over to whisper into her ear, "mine tonight?"

"sure." clearing her throat slightly, she looked up at harry who was staring straight in her direction. just another night with someone else and not on her own. jealousy raced through harry's body, he hated the way she would make time for simon. to harry, it didn't feel like 'old times' at all. whilst everyone else was distracted and talking, harry stormed off in a mood, but daisy noticed. sighing to herself, she dragged her feet to follow him, part of her not even wanting to know why he is in a mood. "what's up?" she found him sat on the edge of his bed.

"nothing, why?" he looked up at her, his blue eyes gazing right into her soul. his eyes were addictive.

"just seem a bit moody." she decided to sit herself down next to him, his eyes holding focus on her.

"i'm fine. it's just weird, spending time with you again." he nodded, giving her an awkward smile, "weird in a good way though."

"yeah, i get what you mean." she smiled, finally noticing he no longer had bags around his eyes and no longer appeared raw. in a way, she felt proud of herself for pulling him out of what it seemed like depression. or at least what was turning into a depression. staring at one another appeared to be one of their only forms of communication at times, which felt completely new. she remembered the days when harry could barely even hold eye contact during a conversation and now all he ever wanted to do was lock his eyes with her, but his gaze almost felt like home and safety.

"you haven't drank much have you?" he glanced down at her bottle and back to her eyes.

"yeah," she looked down at it, shaking the nearly empty bottle, "don't really feel like it."

"fair enough." he breathed in deeply, his eyes still connected to hers. they were both falling for one another just through their eyes and they did not even realise it. their faces inched closer, their lips practically gazing one another. until someone knocked on his bedroom door. they instantly moved away, causing daisy to snap back into reality and realise what was about to happen.

"sorry, where's the other crate of beer?" cal leaned his head around the door as daisy quickly sat up from the bed, rushing back to everyone else.

for the rest of the night, daisy and harry shared awkward glances, both very aware of how their lips nearly connected in his bedroom. she secretly wished that they had, soon realising how badly she needed him. and now quickly she needed to escape simon.

it began to get late, daisy and simon realised they should go back to his as she was tired and he was a bit bored of drinking by this point. harry stood, watching them leave together, looking down at his feet not even wanting to say bye to them.

reaching simon's flat, he dug through his wardrobe trying to find something for her to wear to bed as she sat on the edge of his bed, untying her shoe laces. "daisy, i think there's something i need to tell you." he said, throwing a hoodie and a pair of joggers at her.

"mhm." she nodded at him, turning her head slightly. beginning to remove her jeans, he stood watching her, scratching at the back of his head. he uhm'd and ahh'd at the idea of what he was about to tell her, unsure as to whether it was a good idea. but time was getting on, and this thing between them was going too far and on for too long.

"daisy i uh -" he breathed in deeply, fluttering his eyes shut whilst doing so, "daisy i think i have caught feelings." she instantly stood up, pulling the joggers up to her waist. deep down, she already knew he had. but she also felt guilty, guilty for not feeling the same way towards him. she stood, simply staring at him. "daisy. say something please."

"i don't know what to say." although she already knew, she was still in a state of shock. she thought he would never tell her.

"so i'm guessing you don't feel the same way?" he sighed, looking down at his feet in an attempt to hold back his tears.

"it's not that, it's just -"

"no daisy, just admit you don't and we can call this off." her eyes began to well up as guilt consumed her.  "say something then?" his voiced raised slightly, startling her. she remained stood there, her lips parted slightly, her breathing heavy. "just fucking say something?" tears gushed from his eyes.

"simon i - i," she stuttered, tears pouring from her eyes, "simon i think i'm in love with harry."