Chapter 6~ Sir Cadogan and Merlin

Start from the beginning

"Aha!" Yelled he, seeing the two Slytherins, "What villains are these, that trespass upon my private lands! Come to scorn at my fall, perchance? Draw, you knaves, you dogs!"

He pulled his long sword from his scabbard, swinging it aimlessly as he jumped up and down. The sword, it seemed, was to long and heavy, making the knight unbalance and fall to his armoured knees.

"You good?" Pansy asked, rather amused at the painting as she edged forward slightly.

"Get back, you scurvy skamelar! Back I say!"

The knight seized his sword again and used it to push himself back up, but the blade sank deeply into the grass and, though he pulled with all his might, he couldn't get it out again. Finally, he had to flop back down onto the grass and lift his helmet to mop his sweating face.

Lilith, taking advantage of the knight's momentary exhaustion, said, "We're looking for the North Tower. You don't know the way, do you?"

"A quest!" The knights bitterness vanished, He clanked to his feet and shouted, "Come follow me, young Mordred and gentle lady, and we shall find our goal, or else shall perish bravely in the charge!"

She paused, "Mordred?" She asked, "Mordred isn't my name."

"Ah not now but t'was once the name you went by, onward! Let us go afoot!"

He ran out of the painting, his armour clanging as he traveled through scene after scene.

The two hurried after him along the corridor, following the sound of his armor.

"Be of stout heart, the worst is yet to come!" yelled the knight, and they saw him reappear in front of an alarmed group of women in crinolines, whose picture hung on the wall of a narrow spiral staircase.

Puffing loudly, she and Pansy climbed the tightly spiraling steps, getting dizzier and dizzier, until at last they heard the murmur of voices above them and knew they had reached the classroom.

"Farewell!" cried the knight, popping his head into a painting of some sinister-looking monks. "Farewell, my comrades-in-arms! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

Pansy turned to leave through the door, but Lilith told her to she would join in a minute.

"Wait, sir Cadogan!" She said as he poked his head around the very edge of the gathering of monks, his boot visible in another painting of a castle and mote.

"Yes, young friend, why do you call upon the noblest knight of Camelot's brethren?"

She lowered her voice, not sure if what she was about to say was to be a secret or not, "you called me Young Mordred," she stated accusingly.

"That I did," Sir Cadogan announced, snatching a goblet of wine from a table in the painting.

"But I'm not Mordred, he died years ago." She stepped closer, "what are you going on about?"

"Young witch! You do not know of the great prophecies foretold about Morigan and Mordredus?" He enquired as she shook her head confused.

"Bah! Mordredus had and forever shall have the power to join them or oppose them in their quest for rule."

"Who?" She asked urgently.