Part 20

Everyone was now eating lunch and the next and final task was hours away. You were getting more and more nervous by the second. Then professor McGonagall comes up to you and says, "Come with please all of the other champions are coming as well" So you got up and follow her into the corridor outside of the Great Hall. Once you got out there you saw Cedric's parents and all of the other champions parents so you were confused because your parents were dead. Then you saw Mrs. Weasley and her son Bill. You smiled and ran towards them and gave Mrs. Weasley a hug. "Why hello dear!" She said smiling. You stopped hugging her and shook Bill's hand. "Hello y/n!" He said, "Hello Bill!" You said still smiling. "Well you all can have the day off from school and just show your parents around the castle." McGonagall said as she walked back into the Great Hall. "Where's Mr. Weasley?" You asked. "Oh he had to work but he will be here by the time the task starts." Mrs. Weasley answered. "Ah." You all started to walk. "Oh and y/n you did a fantastic job at the other tasks!" Bill said. You let out a nervous laugh and look down, "Yeah um thanks."

Later that day as the three of you were walking near the lake Mrs. Weasley brought up Cedric. "So how are you and Cedric? I know you two have been friends forever." Which was true you couldn't remember a time when you weren't friends. "Um, we're good." You said looking down and starting to blush. God this never happens. You didn't like it. Mrs. Weasley slowly nodded her head and said, "Good, good."

It was time for dinner now and you were exhausted and hungry, which was not good considering the final task would start within the next 2-3 hours. You also didn't want to eat to much though because you really didn't want to get sick while doing the maze. So you just had enough to fill you up for the time being. As you were taking a small bite you felt someone tap your shoulder so you turned around and saw that it was Cedric. You look up at him then stand up. How was he so tall? You were pretty tall yourself and somehow he was so much taller than you. "Um my dad wants to see you again." He says and motions for you to come with him. You followed and said, "Okay..... but why?" He shrugged and said, "I have no idea y/n." Once you got to the Hufflepuff table Cedric's dad turned around and stood up. He looked exited to see you so you put a small smile on your face.

"Why hello y/n! It's so nice to see you again!"

"Yeah, it's nice to see you to!" You said somewhat awkwardly.

"I heard you were also picked for Hogwarts?"

"Oh um yeah." You said with a straight expression on your face.

"I will have to cheer you on as well then!" He said through a slight laugh.

"Yup" you said through a nervous laugh.

"Well I'm going to head back to my table to finish my dinner." You said and walked back to your table.

"What was that about?" Ron asked as he stuffed his face with food. You sat down and said, "His dad just talked about the tournament." "Oh" Ron replied back.

You were getting more nervous by the second, the task would start almost immediately after dinner and dinner would be done in around 10 minutes but champions would leave early. You kept glancing at Cedric to see if he was nervous, and by the expression in his face, he was.

"All champions start making your way to the quidditch pitch and get ready for the final task!" You heard professor McGonagall say. So you got up and waited for Cedric at the entrance or in this case an exit, of the Great Hall. This would be the end of the tournament, you would be done within a matter of hours.

Ok so the next one or two parts will be long sense I plan on going into a lot of detail for the final task. I also plan on ending this story after you finish the task sense I have another story pretty well planned out.