When Noah fully took her in, he saw her change in style. Not something very noticeable, but he had been there each time Sacha made a joking comment about Rya's choice of clothes. It made him slightly mad at the aunt that didn't realize that the words she brought onto Rya really had an affect on her. Though, he didn't comment on the change he simply complimented her on her outfit. The smile that graced her lips then, made a memory of elephants swarm into his stomach at the mere sight.
{AN//: It's not a memory like something you remember but a lot of elephants :) }

They made their way into Josh's car. Today they were going with him because Chris had an early meeting at the agency, something to do about his last case on Mattieu Dubois.

The first couple hours of school passed by in a blur for Rya. She had written so much that she was sure her hand had accumulated enough muscles to make even a body builder cower in fear. She was in her last class of the day, next to a random boy that she had never seen before. The chemistry teacher had separated Noah and her because of their incessant chatter that disrupted the class. Though in Noah's opinion the only thing that actually disrupted the class was that woman's duck-like voice.

The boy next to her stole quite a few glances at her and when she finally caught him, a light shade of pink coated his cheeks as he smiled at her in embarrassment.

He cleared his throat, adjusted himself in his seat and then introduced himself to her. "Hey. My name is Jade, I'm new here."

She smiled at him, " I'm Rya. I'm new too."

"Nice to meet you."  He grinned brightly at her and turned back to face the front of the class. Though a couple minutes later, he turned back to her and the both started chatting about completely random things.

Noah was sitting at the back of the room, watching them suspiciously throughout class, jealousy burning through his veins. As soon as the bell rung he tossed everything that was on his desk in his bag haphazardly and made his way to Rya. He had expected to come up to them and interrupt their conversation midway through but he didn't have to. As soon as Rya saw him, she waved him over.

"No, this is Jade, he's new here. Jade this is Noah." She told the two.

Noah grumbled a bit under his breath but smiled at the stranger nonetheless after a couple seconds. He smiled back, it was a somehow crooked smile, as if it was forced. They were civil to each other, in no way friendly.

"Anyway, let's go home Noah. I'm exhausted, I don't understand how a day can be so fucking long. Bye Jade!" She dragged him by the hand, out of the class and right in front of the gates to wait for either one of the adults that were supposed to come get them.

Rya was an extremely observant person and so, immediately detected his discomfort around the new boy hence why she took him away so hastily.

"Hey, what was that back there? You being all reserved and shit with Jade." She asked, curious.

He shrugged his shoulders and turned his face the other side so that she wouldn't be able to see the faint blush that had appeared on his face.

Not satisfied with his answer, she pushed further, "Yalla, tell me No. Do you know him from somewhere or something?" {Come on}

Utterly and devastatingly embarrassed, Noah gave an excuse as to hide the real reason behind his apparent 'discomfort'. "Nothing, it's just that we should be careful about who we talk to and stuff. You could never know if one of these people were possibly sent by Alfonso, or even Dubois." Noah felt incredibly proud of his excuse because as much as they didn't want to admit it, her father's ennemies were still out in the open and looking for anyway to hurt him.

She straightened up at his words, seemingly more aware of her surroundings. A chill ran down her spine at the thought of either of those men lurking behind the corners, watching them and waiting for the perfect moment to pounce. "You're right" she said and then growned at the sudden realization of how careless her actions had been.

"W es. Comment j'ai pus être telement bête?!" {Fuck, how could I have been so stupid} {W es is pronouce -ou- ess- }

"As much as I want to know too, they don't have tests for things like that. So you'll have to live your whole life not knowing why you are so 'bête' " Unable not to, a loud laugh came out of Rya's mouth at his words. But, she stopped once she realized that she had spoken in french. Quizzically she looked at him and asked, perplexed " How did you understand what I said?"

He scratched the back of his head a bit and shrugged his shoulders in a way that made him look a lot younger than he was "I took french lessons for about four years but stopped because I got bored of it but I still understand some parts of it. Now, I'm starting again, so, you know, I can be able to understand you and shit." Her heart warmed at his words and she engulfed him into a tight, longlasting hug and breathed out a "thank you" against his neck. The feel of her cool breath onto his neck made goosebumps appear on his skin.

They pulled away from each other when they heard the click of a phone taking a picture, to see Elliot standing in front of them, a shit eating grin on his face with his phone between his hands ready to record them.

"I'm going to add that to the album!" He said excitedly. It left the two utterly disoriented but they shrugged it off, seemingly used to his stupid antics.

As they stood all together, Rya and Noah seemed to realize that nobody had come to pick them up yet. Therefore they decided to walk back to their flats.
Rya shot her father a message to let him know she didn't need anyone to pass and pick them up anymore- as did Noah to his own father. And then, they were on their way back home.

°°°

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E :

Happy new year guys!!!! Hope you have a wonderful year- well as much as you can with corona I guess.
I hope you liked the chapter :)

I would love it if you guys could support me by commenting more as it really encourages me to write more❤️🥰