• 5 •

•••••

/name/ has been mentally preparing herself for the upcoming swimming party that will be held in 3 days. She wants to prepare herself for anything that might happen. Besides, it hasn't even been a year since she last came in contact with a pool and her parents' death.

•••••

D-3

The girl sighed in front of her bathroom's mirror, reminded of the swimming party. As much as she wanted skip the said event, she didn't want to come out as rude to her fellow club members.

/name/ steps out of the house right after grabbing a toast and a hot cup of coffee, a typical morning breakfast.

She only had less than 20 minutes left before class starts. However, she can't walk fast since her hot coffee might spill on her and burn her skin. So as a solution, she tried to drink her coffee fast, resulting her tongue to be burnt instead.

She hissed, her voice as quiet as ever, yet a certain blonde still heard it.

"Pfft." Stiffles of laughter were heard from behind as the giant makes his way beside the girl.

"Late again, teacup?" Tsukishima said, switching the hold of his bag from his left to his right hand.

"Mhm. But you're late too." Y/n replied.

"I told you, teacup, I can arrive in school just in time because of these legs of mine. Unlike you."

"Then, go ahead. I can't have you dragged into my tardiness." /name/ said then took a sip of her coffee.

"Nah. I don't care being late. I have good grades after all."

Different from before when there was only awkward silence between the two, now they talk more things, small or big. And those talks refrained them from noticing that they have arrived at the school, running out of time.

So as soon as the girl finished her coffee forcibly, they started sprinting, not aware of the uncontainable beats of their hearts behind their emotionless faces. Luckily, they arrived in their room, panting, and headed straight to their chairs with one minute left on the clock until the bell rang.

"That was close." Tsukishima said, still panting.

"It sure was." /name/ agreed, catching her breath.

The classes went by smoothly, ending as soon as they started. The members only had a brief discussion about the party before continuing their usual training and such.

Again, the day comes to an end without no one knowing, forcing them to go back to their own homes. And as usual Yamaguchi waves goodbye to the pair as he walks down the street near theirs.

"Tsukishima, are you going to the swimming party?" /name/ suddenly asked.

"What about you?" Tsukishima answered with another question.

"I think I will. I don't want the members to think I'm being rude if I refuse."

"I wasn't planning to go, but now I think I'll go." The blonde said.