Chapter 2: Marco's Heartbreak and guilty Star

After Marco was rejected by Star. He didn't even look back if Star has regretted her decision. But she didn't.

With a heavy heart and tears on his eyes, he went through the portal and returned to earth and been gone from Star's life forever.

When he arrived at his home and opened the door, he was greeted by his parents, but when they saw him his red eyes, they got concerned and they wanted to know what happened to him, but Marco told thrm that he didn't want to talk abou it. His parents understood and he went straight to his room and slided on it and started crying and letting out all the pain on his broken heart.

Marco's thoughts

I can't believe Star. How could she do that to me? Her answers were like a knives that went through my heart. I thought she cared about me. I guess I was wrong, I returned to earth for a while and she had already moved on and date Tom again. I guess her crush was fake. I thought she still liked me but I was wrong. For me, it's time to move on too, but it will be impossible to get over her. I guess a way to get over her is burying all the things that I have from her. Yeah that's good idea.

Then Marco with that decision, he started looking for all the stuff related to Star. After he got out from his room and sent to the backyard and started digging a whole to bury the box.

Marco: (crying) I'll miss you Star. And I will never forget the moments and adventures we shared. I guess in the end we weren't meant to be after all. I hope you're happy.

After those words he filled the whole again and went inside.

Meanwhile in Mewni

After everyone saw how heartbroken Marco left to Earth, they were surprised about Star's action. The person who was concerned about him was Tom. He was feeling bad for him.

On other hand Star was emotionless without saying a word after seeing Marco leaving her life forever.

Tom: Ehh, Star. Are you okay?

Star: (confused) Uhhh, yes.

Tom: Are you sure? Don't you regret breaking your friendship with Marco?

Star: Tom, can we not talk about that, please?

Tom: But Star, didn't you see how much you hurt him? Couldn't you let him down easy?

Star: Well he deserved it. Because when he left Mewni after Toffe's death he didn't bring up my confession. And mostly because when he was with Jackie, he spent more time with her than me. And it hurt but I supported their relationship.

Tom: But because he rejected you, you didn't have to treat him like that. After all he was your ex-best friend.

Star: (mad) But what I was supposed to do? Accept his feelings when I am dating you. Well that's not how life works Tom.

Tom: You're right. But you just broke a valuable friendship. Even I was jealous about it.

Star: I...

Tom: That damage you've done, it won't fix with anything. It will take time to heal his pain, and maybe he will talk to you again. But that bound with him is broken and Marco probably is suffering because he lost his friend and his love. But I know Marco will be fine. If you don't apologize, even if he loves you, that love will turn out in hate and he won't want see you again in his life. You better think about what I told you. See you Starship.

Tom leaves and Star is left with her parents.

Moon: Star, I think Tom is right. Marco is s good boy, he didn't deserve what you did to him.

River: Yeah, Pumpkie. Think and if you want, talk to him. But don't talk to him now, just wait that he calmed down.

Moon: (smiles) Listen to your dad, sweetie. Maybe he will forgive you and want start over, but I'm sure he won't forget how he feels about you. It's better to give him space and when You're ready, talk to him.

After her parents gave her those advices. She sent straight to her room and closed the door.

Star's thoughts

Are they right? I was to hard on him? Everyone could see how hurt was Marco even me. Even after I shattered his heart, he still forgave me for my decision. After these thoughts she de els something wet on her cheeks.

Star: Why I'm crying? Why does my heart hurt?

Star's subconcious: Because you feel guilty and mad at yourself for hurting Marco. And because deep down you still like him but you denied it?

Star: Okay I feel bad. But what am I supposed to do now?

Star's subconcious: Well you can follow your heart.

Star: But I don't like Marco anymore. I'm with Tom now.

Star's subconcious: Are you sure?
If you don't like him, why are you crying and your heart is hurting?

Star: Okay, you're right I still like him, but it was just a crush, it faded away.

Star's subconcious: Are you forgetting all your moments and memories and adventures you shared together. The Friendship Thursday, the Nachos, the movies...

Star: Okay I get it. Of course I didn't forget them. It's just I don't know what to do. How can't I get back our friendship? After all, I was the one who ended it.

Star's subconcious: Well think about and find a solution. But if you want Marco into your life again, you better tell him that you still like him but that you can be friends again. And that you can't be together. And tell him that he will always be a part of you, but more like a brother, it will hurt him, but I'm sure he'll get over it and both can move forward with your lives.

Star: I guess you're right. But I will wait for him to calm down a bit and talk to him. Thank you for the advice.

Star's subconcious: No problem. I am always here to help when you need me.

That sentence it reminded Star when Marco told her the same.

Flasback

Marco: (smiles) I'll be always there when you need me.

End of Flashback

That brought tears to Star. And in that moment realised that she really messed up and felt regret .

Flasback

Star: (serious)I don't like you anymore. I want to end our friendship.

End of Flashback

Star: (cries) I can't believe I said that. I am the worst. I'm really sorry Marco. Hope you forgive me someday.

After she cried and exhausted from the drama, she felt sleep with a guilty heart.

Continue....