chapter 11: inside the cave

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Ahsoka. But you will leave now."

"No, WAIT!!!" Before I could say anything more she threw her arms out and I went stumbling down to the floor. I looked up but she already ended the connection. She didn't appear to me right now for just any reason. She was in serious danger and I can't believe I'm saying this but... I need to help her. I don't exactly need to help her for her sake, more for me. I need to know the whole story. I sensed Bariss's thoughts when she was talking to me, they were pure and full of sorrow. She meant every single word she said. But I can't help her unless I help myself first. I need to focus on the task at hand, my crystals.

Luke's pov
It's close. I can sense it presence. I wonder how Leia's doing. Ooh, I wonder if Era will find his crystal and will Ventress ever- stop it Luke. Focus!

Leia's pov
I can't do this I need Auntie Soka. I can't sense me crystal at all in the cave. Just my luck! I'm calling Auntie Soka. No wait- she only said to call if I was in danger. I'm not in danger. Not yet at least. I am prepared for anything that comes my way... is what Auntie Soka keeps saying. Honestly I'm not even sure if she's right. The further I go the darker it gets and all I have is a flash light. No stop it Leia, remember your training. I sat down on the dirty path in a meditative position with my legs crossed and arms relaxing on my legs. I took a deep breath and reached out with the force. I still felt nothing. I need to get Auntie Soka, or Master Obi-Wan, I'll even take Ventress at this point. I stood up and tapped my com link.

"Auntie Soka. Come in Auntie Soka. Auntie Soka!" Nothing but static. I tried to contact Obi-Wan, static. Even Ventress, static. Sunrise was in 3 hours. What am I going to do without my Master. What am I going to do?

Ezra's pov
Okay okay. The old green guy told you to focus. So focus. But what if I can't find my crystal. Or worse, I die trying to find my crystal by some stupid vicious monster down here trying to eat me. Or stupid flying rocks that could crush me. It was bound to be one or the other. I wasn't cut out for this. Why on Lothal did I leave Lothal? Because of one nice older lady and a pretty child around my age who claimed to be jedi and teach me the ways of the force. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Not so much now. Ugh, if I'm going to die I really hope it's quick and painless, I hate long waits. If I run into an animal then that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Run. If I run into anything that's what I'm gonna do. I don't have time for some stupid animal holding me up anyways. I mean there's only 3 hours left for me to get my crystal and get out of here. I need to hurry.

Rex's pov
Things were going splendidly here. We unpacked two of the three crates already and loaded them into Senator Bonteri's room. We were on our way now back to the ship to get the last crate. I hope the others are okay.

Leia's pov
I don't know what to do. If I had a light saber it would illuminate practically the entire walkway. Instead I've walked past the same mound of dirt three times. This isn't working. Everything I was taught isn't working. I can't sense my crystal anywhere. I tried my com link for the second time now, just static. I wonder if this was happening to anyone else. Probably it's only logical. I couldn't find a crystal in here in the dark. First I needed to find some source of light, whatever or wherever that may be. I kept walking aimlessly with my hands out in front of me, feeling my way around the cave. I saw something yellow. But it disappeared. It left behind something just as bright as it was. It was a tiny ball of light. Just what I needed, but what made it? I held the little ball of light in my hands and knelt down to the floor with it. I gasped and threw a hand over my mouth. It was a humongous footprint. A toe hole alone was the size of my head. Without thinking I pressed my com link wildly,

"Auntie Soka? Auntie Soka!" Oh- right I forgot about that. Whoops. Guess the others really are on their own. And now so am I.

Ahsoka's pov
I was on the right track. I let the force guide me. My eyes were closed the whole time but I continued walking. It had to have been maybe 20, 30 minutes since we first entered the cave. I was getting a little bored but I continued on. Oh my force! I felt something with my extended hand, it was rock of some sort. I opened my eyes to see a small light. Actually it wasn't small at all, it was blinding! I held my hand out gently again and my drystone came to me. I saw two small holes where they once were. The crystals were so blinding I couldn't even see what color they were.