New Student (Boboiboy x Reader, BNHA AU)

Start from the beginning

He was clad in the usual uniforms for the male students, looking extremely awkward in it. A brown sling bag filled with obviously his school supplies was hanging on his left shoulder. His stylishly messed brown hair would've made any teacher obsessed with looking neat grab the nearest hair gel and slap some on his head. To top it all off, a dinosaur cap was nestled among his hair, arranged backwards unlike the usual facing forward type of caps.

The boy regarded you with a smile as if he was trying to make himself look confident in front of you, which would've actually work if he didn't have the 'help me please-' face.

Yea this guy looks as if he's about to be dropped into a cage full of lions, which is partially true, metaphorically, I guess.

The adult in the room gave you two a warm smile before clearing her throat and starting the conversation. "Hello, Y/N. This is Boboiboy, one of the selected participants from the student exchange program. As we've discussed before, you will be giving him an orientation around the school and helping him adjust to school life here so that he can stay here comfortably. Will that be alright with you?"

"Uhm yea, I think so," You locked eyes with the brunette. "It's too late to back out by now, isn't it?"

"Yes indeed," The principal seated herself back in her office chair, indicating that the whole thing was over. "Now if you could excuse me, I still have other things that I need to tend to. For now, goodbye and good luck to the two of you."

---

Well, that went well. You thought.

Now what?

You now have a complete stranger walking right by you who you're supposed to introduce around the school so that he won't accidentally stumble into the wrong class on his first day.

Well, it can't be that hard, right? It's not like you're teaching a baby on how to stab someone to death using a butter knife. (we will not repeat that incident ever again).

While you're having all these thoughts swimming in your already chaotic mind, the brunette was gawking at almost everything you considered normal in your school as if he was a newborn baby brought to an ice cream parlor or candy shop for the first time, both in amazement and wonder on how something like this could ever exist in this world.

"I didn't know there was a school like this before actually..." Boboiboy said, watching a group of girls giggling madly as sparks of ember flew around them. Literally, not metaphorically, mind you.

You chuckled, not being the least surprised, after all, he was basically you when you first came here to. "Yea, this place is a bit... how do I say? Topsy-turvy? A mad house? Somewhere along the lines." You gave him a lopsided smile. "Things here aren't like your average normal school. Well, we do have normal lessons in the morning, followed by lessons you don't normally have in a regular school, just so that we could get our hero license."

"Wait you need a license to be a hero?" The brunette snapped his attention back to you, eyes wide open.

Frowning at his sudden change in behavior, you replied. "Uh yea. You need one to be able to use your quirk for heroic activities here. Maybe things are different for where you come from?"

"Yea maybe... or I would be pulled about a million times by now..." His voice dropped, visibly sweating as you raised a brow before deciding it's not worth asking why he seemed so nervous.

The mention of super abilities suddenly reminded you of something you were supposed to ask. Ignoring the now tension that was now full of awkwardness, you turned to him. "Oh yeah! Speaking of quirks, would you mind telling me what yours? Just curious."

"Ah yea... about that, by quirks, do you mean superpowers? Because back from where I come from, we mostly just call them superpowers and we don't exactly have a label for them-" the end of his lips twitched, either because he was annoyed or, like you, he has absolutely no idea what to feel right now.

"Yep. Quirks are basically a name for superpowers. Here, while there are some people who are normal, the majority of the citizens have a quirk for themselves and to be able to use them to do heroic stuffs, you need a license which you can obtain by studying in a school." You answered back, basically dumping facts over his head at the same speed of Gopal shoving food into his mouth. (not that you know anyone by the name of course-)

"For example, my quirk is (your quirk). Born with it and you can say that I've been stuck with it throughout my whole life. I did managed to have some control over it a little later compare to the others and that's the reason why I haven't combusted or collapsed in exhaustion."

Boboiboy blinked at you before the thought finally clicked in, his face turning into a ohhhhh so that's how it works look, with you maybe internally squealing over the adorableness *cough cough* "Oh I get it! So I guess my quirk would be element manipulation...?"

That cut you off short as you stare at him with startled eyes. "Element manipulation? As in just one element?"

"Nope. 7 elements, plus the ability to split myself and fuse into new elements- what's with that face? Did I say anything wrong?" Boboiboy frowned, now very concerned about your slacked jaw.

Now, remember when you said that each person could only have one quirk? If what this guy said is true, then that would definitely cause chaos. What with those vying for power will do anything to acquire the technology to have more than 1 quirk, causing a heck load of things to happen and overall in 7 words, make everyone have a very bad day.

You pulled him into a empty corner, making sure that there was no one nearby who could listen to you two while the dino cap boy who was still puzzled as ever start protesting. One glare from you was enough to shut him up as you tried to get into a casual pose, looking more like two teens just enjoying a chat with each other and not having a serious discussion off a possible end-of-the-world scenario.

"Listen here," Your smile strained a little as you watch him carefully. "Unless you wish to be kidnapped and tested on multiple times, you do not want to let anyone else know about this... unique ability of yours. If possible, use only 1 throughout your whole stay and don't tell anyone else what you've told me. It's for your own good and our own peace, also, I do not wish for someone I just met a few minutes ago get suddenly whisked away to a lab like some kind of fairy tail that has a really bad ending."

"Alright...? Why all the sudden tension though?" He asked.

Welp, seems like you've gotta give this boy a few lessons on how things work here.

"I'll tell you some other time perhaps, but for now, you might want to listen to my advice and follow it. This whole thing regarding about your quirk is a whole level than what I'm used to and also, we still haven't finished the orientation." You pointed out, clicking your pen on his forehead as you smirk.

"True... Well then, show me what you have in this... madhouse of yours?" The ends of his mouth curved upwards, enough to send your heart beat at a crazy pace while you shake your head, clearing out any thoughts in your mind.

"Yea sure, just follow me and we can get started right away." You got up and stretched a hand out to him, pulling him up as the two of you continued the short trip around the school.

Yep, this is going to be one big secret that you possibly can't keep but for this boi, it seems worth it for now-

---

Bonus-

Me: *considering to end this chapter with 'as the two of you started your magical journey filled with rainbows and whatever shietz thrown in' *

Also me: Yea I'm so gonna regret it later so no-

:D

No joke, I spent some time trying to decide whether or not to post it and I'm pretty sure I'm still going to regret it all so ok-