[45] Life Changing

Start from the beginning

Stiles chuckles, "I don't he just, annoys me. Whenever he talks I just want to-," He said, reaching his hand out a pretending to squeeze invisible Issacs next. Madi laughed making him smiled at her, "He was giving me these weird looks, and then at some point he smirked at me. Almost like he knew something I didn't."

Madi's smile faltered realizing he didn't know about her and Issacs kiss. And that's what Issac was smirking about.

"Oh-, I wonder what." Madi played along. "Let get going, Scott's probably at the car by now." She said walking a little bit faster.

Stiles watched as she walked a couple feet ahead of him. His eyes rows furred realizing she was keeping something from him. He shook his head lightly before following her.

~~~

"Ketamine?" Scott asked his boss as Deaton held up a bottle of ketamine.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage." He answered. "If you can get close enough to Jackson it should slow him down. This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

Stiles eyes widen, "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure filled task for me? Maybe give this task to Madi?" He asked handing the bottle of mountain ash to the girl.

They all looked at him, Madi putting the bottle make in his hand. "It's from the mountain ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble."

"Ok so then what? I just spread this around the whole building then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles asked.

"They'll be trapped." Deaton answered.

Stiles nodded and gulped. "Doesn't sound too hard."

"That's not all it is. Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark Stiles." Scott's boss explained.

"If you mean light myself on fire I don't think I'm up for that." Stiles stated making Madi roll her eyes lightly as Scott looked at the boy weirdly.

"Let me try a different analogy." Deaton started again, "I used to golf, I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will." Stiles huffed not 100% convinced.

"If this is going to work Stiles, you have to believe it." Deaton said making a hand gesture to breath.

Stiles looked at everyone who looked at him expectedly. He slowly made the same hand gesture making Madi smile with amusement, knowing he was panicking on the inside. She nudged him causing him to look at her. She gave him a you can do this smile, making him slightly relaxed and take deep breath in.

~~~

Madi was picking her outfit for the rave. She had to look like she wanted to be there, even though she most certainly did not.