Chapter 2- Connections

You were left in a whirlwind of shock and confusion as you made your way back towards where various firefighters and other heroes arrived on the scene. Luckily, Shoto made an appearance as he had been traveling in the area, and he used his ice quirk to dull the flames for the firefighters. Your back was sore from the force of the fall and Dabi's weight on you, and his words left you with a mix of anger and frustration.

"Astral! Are you alright?!" Shindo called out to you as he jogged closer. Shoto was fighting the fire and Kendo was helping to evacuate employees of the ambassador building.

"Y-yeah...thanks..." The muscular and nearly topless man placed a hand on your sore back to keep you steady as you limped towards them.

"You sure you're alright?" His breathy question echoed in your ear as his warmth reached through your suit, and soon enough you felt a steady vibration through your back, which eased a lot of the muscle ache.

"Whatever you're doing is making me feel better now..." you gave an uneasy smile while Shindo returned it brightly.

"My quirk generates vibrations, big and small. I found it can help aches from injuries sometimes."

"That's definitely useful...listen...Shindo...this was an attack. Those blue flames were from a quirk user...I came across him in the building. The entire top three floors were just turned to ash. He cremated whoever was inside," you gritted with disappointment in your tone. You were pissed to say the least. The screams you heard earlier were from him turning those people into nothing but dust, and you just couldn't get to him before he escaped. "Someone was working with him too...a portal user." Your voice was strict and straightforward as the black-haired hero brought you towards your old friend from UA.

"An attack? Should we call for reinforcements?!" Shindo asked you. You nodded as you stood up straight thanks to Shindo's quirk.

"Yeah. Thanks by the way. I'm going to go back in to see if Kendo needs help."

"I-I'm going too! With my quirk, I can tell if there are people inside because of the vibrations of people versus the flames and the building. Let's work together Astral," he smiled at you. Shindo was sweet, and you couldn't help but like him.

The event took a few hours between evacuations and investigations of clues of who that black-haired villain was.

"Dabi...I'll never forget that name. I'm going to bring you to justice."

You were livid, the emotion growing each and every minute you thought of it. Thankfully, the rest of the employees made it out alive due to the vigilance of Shoto, Kendo, Shindo, and the firefighters that risked their lives. As the top hero on the scene, you spent the rest of the evening in discussions with executives at Hero HQ about what you witnessed.

~~

Two weeks had passed since the fire and five more had broken out. Embassies, casinos, infamous businesses...basically anywhere the wealthy would find refuge in. You weren't able to arrive on the scene for the other fires thanks to the higher-ups wishing you stay on base in case of an attack at headquarters...but it was getting ridiculous.

"You're fucking kidding me right?" You grunted in annoyance while pinching the bridge of your nose with two fingers. "Blue flames, an office building owned by the top law firm in Japan...this is out of fucking control," you growled lowly as you stood up to prepare to head on location. Kendo looked concerned for you with crossed arms.

"We can handle this Astral. Rely on us to take care of this," Kendo tried to convince you but you were already rearing to go. Dabi pissed you off and you couldn't tell if this was him trying to get your attention or him genuinely on a mission.