I turned to see one of the other teachers walk out from the front doors with Nani and Vivi.

I gave them a small smile and looked back to the other teacher. "Yes? Is something the matter?"

"Oh, no. I was just bringing the girls back to you because their mother called. She'll be picking up the girls early today so, they're all yours until then!"

"Oh.." I said taken back a bit. I'd finally get to meet at least one of their parents. "That's fine. Thank you for bringing them out"

The woman nodded and headed back inside while the girls walked over to me.

"Miss Love can you read us a story while we wait?" Vivi asked looking up at me with squinting eyes. The sun was harshly bright today.

"Sure sweetheart. Let me just help your classmate to his car and I'll be right back okay?"

Vivi nodded in response and I walked off making sure to look over my shoulder at the girls as one of my last kids got in their car.

"Okay girls. What story are we wanting to read?"

We sat on the grass as I folded my legs underneath me due to my dress.

"Mmm what about I Love You Stinky Face!" Vivi shouted. Nani nodded smiling as she agreed with her sister.

"Sure why not" I laughed grabbing the book Nani handed me from her backpack.

Each of the girls sat at my sides almost coddling into them as they tried to get a good look at the pages. They were avid readers like myself and I typically always had story time everyday before lunch. I believed that reading was one of the most important things you could teach a child at such an early age. My mom once told me that I picked up a book before I could even walk. I was fascinated from a young age and learned to read small children's books before I even started school.

"But mama, but mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk, and I smelled so bad that my name was stinky face?!" Vivi yelled.

The girls had already memorized every single line of this book. It was one of their favorites.

"Then I'd plunk you in a bubble bath! But if you still smelled stinky, I wouldn't mind" I shrugged adding to my story time voice. "I'd whisper in your ear..." the girls leaned in closer to me staring up at me waiting for their favorite part.

"I love you, stinky face" I said in a whisper smiling as I tickled them behind their ears playfully.

The twins giggled and fell into my lap from being tickled.

"Really? In the grass? They're wearing white you know. Unless if you plan on paying for their dry cleaning bill I suggest this position doesn't happen again"

I stopped laughing and looked up at a shadow that was blocking the sun's view.

A tall woman with dark hair in sunglasses stared down at us with her arms crossed and disapproving face.

She looked like she had just walked out of a fashion magazine and like her entire outfit cost more than everything I owned.

"Mommy!" The twins yelled getting up from my lap and running to hug their mom's legs.

"O-oh.. u-um" I stuttered trying to stand up without tripping over my own two feet.

"Um.. I-I apologize Mrs. Clair. It won't happen again" I tucked my hair behind my ear as I looked down dusting off my dress and back up at the intimidating woman.

"It's Miss Clair... and good" she replied coldly with the same hard look. "Also I prefer that you wait inside with them. This humidity will cause their hair to frizz easily. Do you know how hard it is to get a six year old to sit still in a salon chair?"