the one where the monkey gets away

Start from the beginning

"I meant female nudity. alright? I don't need to see lou grant frolicking." 

"hugh! hugh grant!" the girls exclaim, emphasising their point. 

"where's gianna?" joey ignores the girls exclamation and scans the room for his younger sister. 

"she said she was waiting for a phone call in your apartment, I think it was for a job!" rachel replies, smiling softly as joey's expression brightens. just as they were talking, the door opens quietly behind them, gianna clutching the phone to her chest. 

"alright, i've gotta go. c'mon marcel-" ross stands from the armchair and begins calling for marcel, following his scampering tail to the front door. marcel climbs up gianna's leg and rests on her shoulder, stroking her hair gently. "gianna!" the group turns to face her, smiles tugging at the corners of their lips as they see her struggling to contain her excitement. 

"how'd you go sweetie?" monica asks gently and gianna lets the smile on her lips widen. 

"I got the job!" in a matter of seconds, joey had engulfed his sister in a hug, marcel leaping to the countertop for safety as the pair spun around the kitchen floor. 

"I'm so proud of you!" he cheers, kissing the top of her head as everyones cheers begin to quieten down. "what-what are you doing?" 

"I'm going to be teaching at new york university!" 

"that's so cool!"

"wow!" the group cheer once again, congratulating gianna on finally securing a job after her tireless searching. 

"okay, now I really have to go! c'mon marcel! we're gonna go take a bath!" ross continues, gathering his things and waiting for marcel to climb on his shoulder. "yes we are, aren't we? yes, we are." 

"they're still just friends, right?" chandler jokes, watching gianna's flushed features ripple with happiness. 

"and I will see you tomorrow!" rachel coos, pointing at marcel cutely. 

"that's right, you're gonna spend tomorrow at aunt rachel's, aren't you?" 

"oh, hang on, hang on. does aunt monica get a say in this?" monica folds her arms across her chest, looking at her brother and rachel intently. 

"'pwease aunt monica, pwease' oh, unclench. you're not even gonna be there." ross scolds, watching monica grunt gently. 

*

rachel's babysitting of marcel was running smoothly, the pair watching a soap opera together. however, a few hours later, gianna wandered into the apartment to find a distressed rachel on the sofa. 

"hey, rach, what's going on?"

"ross is going to be SO mad..."

"rach?" 

"I lost him!" gianna's eyes widened, immediately reaching for the phone and dialling monica, phoebe, joey and chandler. 

"how could you lose him!?" joey exclaims, the group now standing around rachel seated at the kitchen table. 

"I don't know. we were watching tv, and then he pooped in monica's shoe-" 

"wait, he pooped in my shoe? which one?!" monica exclaims, glancing down at rachel quickly. 

"I don't know, the left one?" 

"which ones?" monica emphasises. 

"oh. oh, those little clunky amish things you think go with everything." rachel replies, returning to hold her head in her hands.