the one with two parts: part two

Start from the beginning

"man, if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin at the business end of a hissy fit." chandler adds, sitting back next to gianna. joey just sits and digests his friends opinions whilst gianna wraps her arms around chandler's arm, her head resting on the top of his shoulder before looking down at the newspaper again. 

*

"...so, he said it was just a sprain, and that was it." rachel explains. monica, gianna and rachel were helping set up for phoebe's birthday party as all her friends were gathered around. chandler stood at the kitchen table watching the three girls. 

"uh, you left out the stupid part." monica replies, gesturing with the wooden spoon she was holding. 

"not stupid. the very cute, cute, cute doctors asked us out for tomorrow night, and i said 'yes.'" rachel continues and gianna shakes her head with laughter. 

"i think it's totally insane, i mean, they work for the hospital. it's like returning to the scene of the crime. you know, i say we blow off the dates." monica suggests and gianna shakes her head. 

"oh c'mon monica, have some fun." gianna laughs, carrying a bowl to the kitchen table. 

"what? monica, they are cute, they are doctors, cute doctors, doctors who are cute!" rachel explains, spelling it out on the air for monica. 

"alright, what have we learned so far?" chandler jokes as gianna places the bowl down. there is a knock at the door and suddenly the music is off. everyone runs and hides except for monica and rachel. gianna crouches down beside chandler behind the kitchen table. she feels herself begin to teeter on her feet and grabs onto chandler's thigh for support. he glances down at her hand before his eyes scan up to her. she smiles softly up at him as monica and rachel open the door. 

"SURPRISE!" the entire party yells, standing from their hiding spots to see ross frightened, throwing his arms up in defence and phoebe's cake flying to the floor. 

"what the hell are you doing?" ross snaps. "you scared the crap outta me." 

"was that the cake?" rachel asks, as ross picks it up from the floor. 

"yeah, yeah." he nods, opening the box. "i got a lemon schmush." 

"come on, she'll be here any minute." monica urges, ushing everyone to the coffee table. 

"i hope it's okay." rachel mutters. 

"oh..." 

"happy birthday peehee." chandler reads, glancing at the smashed cake. 

"well maybe we can make a, a, 'b' out of one of those roses." gianna suggests, pointing to the icing. 

"yeah, we'll just use our special cake tools." ross replies sarcastically and gianna screws her face up at him. 

"hey, what's going on?" no one had noticed but phoebe had walked in the door and was glancing down at the cake in front of them. 

"oh, we just..." 

"surprise!" everyone exclaims, noticing phoebe standing with them. 

"oh, oh, oh!" phoebe stammers, her eyes widening with excitement. "this is so great! oh my god! this was not scary at all!" she continues, hugging gianna. "hi everyone! hi betty! betty, hi! you found betty! oh my god!" phoebe smiles, waving at betty. "this is great. everybody i love in the same room, where's joey?" a silence falls upon the room as phoebe glances around, her face beginning to fall. gianna looks sadly up at chandler as they all think of something to say.