the one with the candy hearts

Start from the beginning

"oh, uh....i don't care." chandler replies sarcastically before noticing joey's date show up. "ok, now, remember, no trading. you get the pretty one, i get the mess." 

"hi joey." the girl smiles. "well well, look what you brought. very nice." she comments, pointing to chandler. 

"...and what did you bring?" chandler asks. 

"she's checking the coats. joey, i'm gonna go wash the cab smell off my hands. will you get me a white zinfandel, and a glass of red for janice." the woman smiles before turning towards the bathroom. there is a moment of silence before joey and chandler look at each other. joey shakes his head as though to say, 'it can't be the same janice'.

"janice?" chandler stammers, his eyes narrowing at joey. 

"oh...my...god." in the doorway, stood janice. 

"hey, it's janice." chandler growls angrily at joey. 

*

that same night, the girls are discussing their bad luck with men and dating. gianna was across the hall in joey's room, folding his washing whilst the other three girls agree to complete a burning ritual for valentine's day in order to break the bad boyfriend cycle. 

later at the dinner date, joey and his date leave, janice and chandler remaining at the table with joey's credit card...

*

the next morning, chandler lay in bed, his mind wandering in a lucid sleep. there was a gentle touch across his chest, which sent flutters through his heart. in front of his closed eyes, he saw a strand of blonde hair falling in front of his eyes, their hand drawing shapes across his collarbone. chandler shifted slightly, letting his eyes peek open with a soft smile. however, instead of seeing what he thought, beside him was janice. he jolts back, his heart racing as she reaches her hand towards his face. 

"happy valentine's day!" she cackles and chandler's eyes widen with despair. 

*

"mon the newspaper is here!" gianna yells from the bathroom as she dries her hair. out in the hall, chandler is trying to get janice out of his apartment. 

"oh, i miss you already. can you believe this happened?" janice smiles, looking up at chandler as he pokes his head through the door. 

"no...no! and yet it did. good-bye janice." chandler replies, looking down at janice. 

"kiss me!" janice leans into him, their lips locking as monica opens the door. 

"oh, chandler, sorry." she stammers flustered, until she sees who it is. "ooooh, chandler sorry! hey, janice." there is a subtle smirk on monica's face as she sees janice. 

"hi, monica." janice smiles. 

"ok, well, this was very special." chandler mutters sarcastically. 

"rach, come see who's out here!" monica yells and inside rachel looks at gianna confused. gianna was only in her bathrobe, wet hair spilling over her shoulders.  

"come on." rachel ushers, grabbing gianna's arm. they stumble out of the door and into the hall. gianna feels her heart stop when she sees janice smiling at the doorway. 

"oh my god." gianna mutters. 

"janice, hi!" rachel smirks, looking over at chandler curiously. 

"janice is gonna go away now." chandler mutters, trying to get her to leave. 

"i'll be right back." monica replies, rushing back into the apartment. gianna stood, still in disbelief as joey came up the stairs.