Chapter One

Hey I'm Carlie. Many people think I'm just an average 17 year old. Including my parents, teachers, and friends. But inside... I'm 10 miles past normal. Unlike other kids, words eat me alive and I know how to cover up the scars on my wrist with makeup. I used to be happy and popular. I used to have friends. But then, sophomore year rolled around and I started dating THE most popular junior. I was naive to the dating world and little did I know, he was abusive.

It started with little things like telling me what to wear, how to do my hair and being super controlling. When I confronted him he slapped me. I told my friends but they didn't believe me. the violence became more intense.

and now... he's in the same room as me. just me and him. The music is muffled behind the closed bedroom door.
"you thought you could get away from me?" Austin asked with a smirk on his face. "you thought you could just tell your mommy and everything would stop" he scoffed.

I backed towards the dresser. There was a lamp there. if I was quick enough I could break the lamp and have some sort of weapon. But before I knew it he was charging me. He threw me against the wall and pushed his lips to mine. I cried and screamed but he only slapped me and continued. Suddenly the door opened and a strong powerful hand had struck Austin in the jaw. He fell to the ground, unconscious. I sobbed and collapsed to the ground. The strong hands lifted me up on to the bed.

When I finally looked up I didn't recognize the face. But then it hit me.

It was the new kid.

Matthew Espinosa.

-------------

hey guys jaimi here. I'm new at this. Message me and tell me what you think. Tell me your ideas and thoughts thanks lovelys ❤️