Chapter 39: No Troubles

Annabeth POV:

Like all the nights that followed in St Lucia, the first night was just perfect. We all got dressed in our nicest clothes (and, I have to admit, seeing Percy dressed so smartly made me beyond flustered) and had a delicious meal at Jason's favourite restaurant in town. We all got excited at the fact that we could legally drink, and spent way too much money on alcohol. We later found a club and danced the night away. I noticed, at one point in the night, that Marie had coincidentally joined us at the club and was dancing with Piper. Much, much later - when the sun began to rise again and the clear skies turned a beautiful orange and purple, Marie's brother drove us home in his minivan and we each stumbled into House Jupiter. Frank had to be carried in over the shoulders of Jason and Reyna. 

Percy and I journeyed through the house, hand in hand, and when I saw the door to our room I became too impatient and pulled him closer to me so that our lips met. He smiled against my mouth and kissed me harder. We stumbled into our room, never breaking the kiss, and fell backwards into our bed. Eyes closed and trying hard not to break the kiss, I reached down to remove my shoes. He did the same.

His arms wrapped around me and he lifted me onto his lap. I looped my arms around his neck and pulled him even closer to my mouth, so that there was no room to breathe. The kiss became more passionate, more desperate, and I was filled with an intense desire. His hands caressed up and down my back, smoothing at my dress, making me want more. 

He pulled away quickly, but I had been so into the kiss that I fell against him, not wanting it to stop. We fell backwards onto the bed so that I was leaning over him. My hair brushed against his cheeks. His handsome sea-green eyes stared at me lovingly and he traced his fingertips down the side of my face. 

"Percy..." I breathed his name. I had never felt so full of desire in all my life. 

"Annabeth," he whispered back. "You are so beautiful."

"Percy," I smiled again, pressing my cheek against his hand. I liked the way his name sounded on my tongue. I stared at him, opening up my expression, hoping he could see what I was thinking. 

"Are you sure?" He asked. 

I got up suddenly and walked back towards the door. He sat up quickly, eyes frowning, but I smirked and locked the door, walking back to him and pushing against him so that we returned to our previous position. 

"Just making sure that Leo doesn't come wondering in," I giggled into his ear. His hands found my waist and he held me tight. 

"Annabeth," he smiled my name. "Are you really sure?"

I looked at him - his handsome face that I had grown to know every millimeter of. The messiness of his hair, the slight tan, his adorable freckles, his beautiful eyes, his dark brows, the creases either side of his eyes from where he smiled so much, his pink lips and long eyelashes that I was jealous of, the birthmark on his nose, his chiseled jaw that I often traced with my fingers, the mark on his cheek that he got from Gabe when he was young, but you could only see when your face was this close to him, the way the corner of his mouth was always upturned as if he constantly found something funny... I loved every bit of it. He was mine and I was his, forever. 

"I'm sure," I whispered. "I am yours, Percy, utterly and completely yours."

And our lips met again. 

We started off slow, cautious, kissing as if it was our first kiss all over again. His hands were shy and slow. My skin felt electric under his touch. Every part of me ached for him. But as time went by and the sun outside peaked out from behind the sea we both found more confidence in each other. It was a beautiful moment, one that I would never forget. My heart felt so full.