Falco, after a while, opened the door and poked his head in. "Hey, Captain, you good?" he asked to a dimly-lit room, assuring not to make the mistake of flipping on the lights, in case the two were still asleep.

"R-Right there! Ahh!" Fox quietly stammered.

"You like that, huh, Foxy..." Wolf groaned. "Fuck..."

"Aaand I'll see myself out," the bird whispered to only himself, closing the doors, and trying, for a moment, to pretend nothing happened... before realizing that this was somewhat important news. He went right to the General's ship's leisure room, where the rest of his crew was.

"And what, in goodness's name, has got you looking like that, Falco?" Peppy asked.

"Got spooked by something?" Miyu questioned.

"Is one of those Star Wolf goons here?" Slippy meanwhile deduced.

"Naw, naw," Lombardi shook his head as he answered, "nothing like that! I was just—" he then stammered, wondering how to word this.

"Well, what happened?" Slippy impatiently asked.

"Just give me a minute!" Falco lashed back, holding his head.

"You know what, if it's something that implicative," Peppy resolved, "I think it would be best if the captain himself told us."

The room was silent afterwards, as everyone tensely waited for Wolf and Fox to readily come from their apparently shared room. The minutes eventually wore onto hours.

"I think I'm headed to take a nap," the hare of the team spoke.

"We can't wait that long to get back to the capital," Miyu warned.

"Do we really have to hurry?" Falco proposed. "In fact... Why not just dash off with the old General's ship, and live off the stars!" he, of course, joked.

"The people trust us, Lombardi," the tired rabbit chuckled.

Then, though, Fox finally emerged from the cave of the former General's room. "Mmhah... Best sleep I've ever had," he said, innocently enough.

"Yeah, slept well, huh Fox?" Falco raised an eyebrow as he teased.

"By far!" McCloud nodded.

Wolf came along behind him, and sniffed passively. "Mornin'."

"It's 11 o'clock PM in interstellar time," Miyu informed.

"Mornin'," O'Donnell repeated, denoting how little he cared. He wrapped an arm around Fox's shoulder, and pulled him in for a ruffle of his head. "Mmmhmhm," he softly chuckled as he did.

"You two sure are chummy now, huh," Peppy figured, leaning against the hallway wall.

"Aw, shush," Fox blushed as he said.

"A little more than chummy, I'd say," Falco huffed.

"Whaddaya mean by that?" Miyu curiously mewed.

"Uhhuhm—!" Fox coughed, anxiously realizing that he indeed heard Falco trying to check in earlier, and that it wasn't just his imagination. "We— We're a lot alike, we were talking a bunch about it! We're gonna be great friends."

Wolf rolled his eyes, and looked to Miyu. "You and Falco planning to get it on later?"

"And what kind of a pervy question is that?!" Miyu now blushed as she yelped.

"What's the big idea?" Falco furrowed his brows, standing.

"Aw, hell! All I was gonna say is that the mattresses are GREAT for swingin' on," Wolf slyly recommended. "They were, weren't they, Fox?"

The vulpine captain silently exploded with embarassed blush, covering his face. "YOU— HAHHGH! SHADDUP!"

"I knew it!" the bird gasped, and couldn't help but chuckle. "Ohhoh, jeez—!"

"You owe me," Slippy suddenly demanded to Peppy, who handed him a few bills.

"See? You don't have to fib around your team," Wolf gruffed, and gave Fox a sweet kiss on the cheek.

"Did you really have to tell them like THAT?" McCloud grumbled.

"It's how I do, Foxy," Wolf sighed. "It's how I do. And you wouldn't have me any other way, would'ya...?"

"...No," Fox smirked, and quickly returned the kiss, though he still seemed a degree shy about it.

The discussion, from then on, was mainly about how to configure the fancy controls of the ship to fly back to Corneria's main city.

• • ● • •

There was immediate conundrum when the highest-ranking Cornerian residential ship finally touched back down on the launchpad of the General's headquarters, and the people, ready for the update on the status of their livelihoods' nature, began to crowd around this public center of the city.

Fox McCloud was as nervous as ever. All was over, save for this final step. He was a dead man in the eyes of the Cornerian public, and to reveal himself as otherwise would surely send a historic shock. Whether or not it was to be a celebration or an outrage was left uncertain, and he had to prepare himself for any outcome. A few armed guards, recognizing their new authority before anyone else, saw the crew touch down, and saluted them. Fox saluted back.

Then, Wolf made his casual way out; Immediately following this was the cocking of these guards' every blaster.

"Where's the prisoner headed?" one guard asked.

"At ease. O'Donnell's one of us now," Fox explained. "Things will be different around here, more than ever before."

This was done, and the five plus one members of Star Fox made their way out onto the General's stage, where, not at all long ago, they had vowed to set out.