C30 - Everywhere

Fox woke up, and had to recollect his senses once again. It was, for once, not a pain to come to his senses, literally or otherwise. It also marked the first time he had a peaceful sleep, especially in terms of mind. No longer did the threat of Andross loom, but also gone was the omnipresence of his Supreme General, presently laying dead in the room down the hallway. It was to be a very important day in the history of Corneria, he knew, and that of the entire system, too! The day of freedom, and of the long-overdue dawn of a new rule over the planet. This was a day that he was sure was to remember, and one that he knew has been awaited by the masses of the system.

This all came to him in the moments of his waking, but immediately driving away those seemingly unshakeable thoughts of immediate destiny was the tightening of a wolf's hold on his body. Fox didn't realize whose grip this was, at first, and thought he was still dreaming, something trying to pull him back from this pleasant wake. "No—!" he softly barked.

"Mmh, Fox," Wolf grunted, "I know you want to go now, but... it's early. Corneria can wait a few more minutes, can't it?"

It was now that Fox knew what situation he was in, and the confessions that he shared with his former nemesis the night before. "Well... Yes," he insisted now, turning back over and snuggling into O'Donnell's chest. "Yes it can. Maybe not too much longer, but for now."

"Thank you," the wolf sighed, lifting his chin and closing his eyes, as none other than the captain of Star Fox was now nosing his way into his bare chest. "Mmh..."

Fox made a slight purr, as he turned his head, to use Wolf's lower shoulder as a sort of pillow.

"You like that?" Wolf asked, raising an eyebrow while he reached down and scruffed the cream-colored tuft on Fox's head.

"Yeah," Fox replied, and sighed, taking in this feeling for just a few more precious moments. It was mid-morning now, but the room remained dark, thanks to being just out of atmosphere. There was a fine view of the space outside in the window, and the purple glow of the system star gave a vibrant tone to the whole room.

"Wolf?" Fox now huffed.

"Mhm?" O'Donnell grunted.

"Where do you really think we'll go from here?" the vulpine cautiously asked.

"This might be a bit of work... telling the world, finding a leader for us," Wolf explained.

"I know," the fox replied, now burdened with the thoughts of dangerous politics and risky framing and negotiation.

"Not saying we couldn't be, y'know," Wolf chuckled, rubbing his new partner's smooth-furred shoulder.

"Why should we? Seems a little selfish," Fox stated, "and undemocratic, nonetheless."

"Undemo— phah! Fox, I'd vote for you," the wolf responded. "And I'm sure that well more than half of Corneria would, if you gave them their choice."

"You really think?" McCloud chuckled.

"You know it, Fox," Wolf gruffed. "Now, I have something to ask of you..."

"Shoot," Fox urged, only to be suddenly pinned down, with a strength, despite his best training, twice his own.

"Can we— maybe get to foolin' around?" he smirked with a canine tooth, as he asked.

"...God damn," Fox yipped. He felt that creep of hot blush across his cheeks, and, no longer refusing to deny his feelings, quickly nodded.

And so, it was within the span of minutes that Fox found himself at the mercy of a ferocious Wolf's stray tongue, as the latter showed his affection in the way that he knew best. It wasn't of excitement or even eagerness, though... This was a slower, passionate delving that Wolf made upon the vulpine beneath him. It was entirely clear what he wanted.