"Thank you, sweetheart. I love you."

"Love you, too. Bye." Laur click off her cell and grabbed her cane that was sitting in the passenger seat.

The dark haired rode the elevator up to third floor and was now settling herself in the quiet and empty waiting room. She began to thumb through a sports magazine that was on the table in front of her. Lauren chuckled lightly when she came across a picture of herself in a GOT MILK advertisement she did a year back. In the photo, she was fully dressed in her WNBA Monarchs jersey, down on one knee, balancing a spinning basketball on her finger. She was selling her sexy lop-sided smile and nicely sported the milk mustache, or at least Lauren thought so.

The door that led to the back patient rooms clicked opened and out walked Cecelia Frey, a.k.a. CeCe, one of Lauren's teammates and good friend. They were both drafted to the Monarchs the same year and their personalities clicked immediately.

"Hey Laur, how's it going?" CeCe smiled walking over to her seated teammate. They greeted each other with their buddy handshake.

Lauren shrugged her shoulders with a smile. "It's going well. You played a hell of a game the other night."

"Thanks, girlie. How's the flexor?" CeCe pointed towards Lauren's knee.

"Oh." Laur unconsciously rubbed above her knee. "It's getting a little better everyday. Camila said I should be able to play in about two weeks."

CeCe cocked her head to the side looking at her friend with a smirk on her face.

"What?" Lauren asked.

"Camila, huh? To the rest of the team she's known as Dr. Cabello."

Lauren smiled lightly. "Well, let's just say I have certain...privileges, that the rest of the team doesn't have."

"You didn't." CeCe stated with a look of shock on her face.

"Yes, I did, and I have before. She's my ex. Or at least she was before last night." Lauren gave an alluring grin.

CeCe raised her eyebrows in interest. "Really?"

"Yeah." Lauren spoke dreamily. "She's the love of my life."

CeCe smiled at her friend. "You sound like the love bug bit you, Laur."

Suddenly, the door that CeCe had just stepped out of moments earlier clicked open again and a woman holding a clipboard stood in the doorway. She smiled politely at the two athletes.

"Ms. Jauregui, Dr. Cabello will see you now."

Lauren grabbed her cane and carefully stood to her feet. She looked at her friend with a smile. "I guess I have been bitten." She stepped past her teammate and followed the nurse through the door.

A few moments later, the basketball player sat impatiently, anxiously awaiting Camila's arrival. Every second she thought of the brunette, butterflies would swarm in her stomach. She suddenly heard a familiar voice on the other side of the door and she sat up straight in anticipation.

Finally, the door opened and her eyes lit up when she saw a beautiful angel.

Camila was wearing her long white doctor's coat over her outfit and Lauren immediately thought she looked adorable. The brunette closed the door behind her and brown eyes finally met green. A slow smile spread across both of their faces.

"Hi." Lauren said, locking an intense gaze on the brunette.

"Hi." Camila replied, biting bottom her lip slightly.