Chapter 6: Brave Young Warrior

Start from the beginning

"Stay right there Dothraki!" I called, my rifle finally having something in the crosshairs again. I'd never watched the popular show, but the random videos I saw sure had him looking like he could play one of the built characters.

The dagger dropped to the ground and he fell to a single knee after it, though he didn't bend to pick it up. He bent to ...bow? His head stayed inclined as he bent and spoke. His voice was smooth and husky, deep and baritone. Exceptionally beautiful. "Earth female safe."

The rifle eye lowered to the ground with another jolt of shock through my system. "You know I'm from Earth?" My breath heaved scared gasps.

His head lifted partly, eyes meeting mine. "Earth."

My brow came down in confusion. The rifle still pointed to the ground. "Who are you?" I looked back to the monster. "What is that? Where are we?!"

His chest lifted from the bow and I realized while I'll ogled the man, I hadn't noticed how giant the wound at the side of his stomach actually was. It was like even his muscles had torn away leaving striped canals deep into his abdomen, maybe even into organs. It was gruesome. Had the pterodactyl done that?

"You are injured!" I pointed to his wound.

He looked to his obliques, still wet with blood and nodded. "Hurt."

My head tilted the question, gun now soft at my side. "Do you need help? I've got a little bit left in my first aid kit if you don't have anything." Like a bandaide would fix this, Eleanor. Maybe Jia could have helped if she had been on Earth in some grand hospital. 

Then it hurt to even think about Jia, but I didn't get to feel the sorrow for long.

He stood to his full height and my breath caught in fright watching him rise tall.

"Hello. My name is Thann." He held his hand out to shake. The gesture surprised me with how utterly gentlemanly it was. Like he had watched a thousand Victorian romance movies and copied the action perfectly. 

 And holy heaven that voice was every girl's fantasy.

A hard swallow moved my neck like I drank a rock.

"Uh..." I stumbled in nervousness and then I put my hand in his. "I'm Eleanor."

His hand was feverishly hot as he wrapped his fingers around mine and shook. He mimicked my words. "Uh Ium Eleanuere."

My hand was kept in tight in his and I grinned up at his butcher of my name. "No."

His eyes watched my lips and a bright grin beamed over his tanned face. "No."

"I'm Eleanor."

"Eiam Elaneorea."

A slight laugh at the fumbling word breathed out of me.

He tried again, a palm on his own chest. "Hello. My name is Yena Wothanndo. Thann."

Yeena Woahthandew? Heck. There's a mouthful. Yeah Thann was much better there, dude. Let's see, a nickname. I could do that. "Okay. How about, El?" I tried. "Eleanora Kay Stevans. El."

He grinned wide, face a sunshine of joy. "El." His tone was rich over the word.

"Nice to meet you Thann." I tried pulling my hand away and his warm hand released me when he felt my tug. "Now, did you need medical attention for your stomach? I don't know if I can do much, but maybe I could help." I pointed to the torn chunk of meat.

"Hurt." He looked at it.

"Do you want to go back to my camp? I've got a few suppl....." But I stopped speaking realizing what I was saying. Oh gosh. I just asked killer Dothraki boy to go back with me? What was I doing! I tried to backtrack. "But I'm sure you have some place to be, so don't let me get in your way! So, see ya!"