"Somebody who wanted to protect him?" Gwen shrugged her shoulders.

"There's something else. You said the only thing you found online about the Kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?" Scott asked. Gwen's stomach seemed to fall to the floor, and immediately she and Allison exchanged looks with one another.

"No, it can't be. It tried to kill all of us, remember? I don't know about you three, but I haven't murdered anybody lately."

"Well, I have." Gwen spoke, raising her hand. "My dad, remember?"

"Right." Stiles mumbled.

"That wasn't intentional though." Scott pointed out to the blonde. "But, I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us. Remember when we were at Isaac's the first time, it just went right by us, didn't it?" He looked at Allison as he spoke.

"You're right." Allison nodded. "It just ran off."

"And it didn't kill you in the mechanic's garage." Scott pointed out towards Stiles.

"Well, yeah, but it tried to kill me and Derek, and Gwen in the pool." Stiles pointed out.

"Did it?" Scott asked.

"It would've. It was was waiting for us to come out." Gwen nodded.

"What if it was trying to keep you in?"

"Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?" Stiles asked with a groan.

"Because there's something else going on on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson, or why someone's protecting him." Scott explained to the three.

"'Know thy enemy'." Allison mumbled, making the three look at her. " Just something my grandfather said."

"All right, I got it―︎kill Jackson! Problem solved." Stiles exclaimed.

"Dude, we're not killing Jackson!" Gwen said, slapping the boy on the back of the head.

"He risked his life for us, against Peter. You remember that?" Scott asked the boy.

"Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us. It's funny."

"Yeah. It doesn't mean he's not still worth saving." Scott told him.

"It's always something with him, though." Stiles sighed.

"He doesn't know what he's doing." Gwen told him before mumbling to herself, "He's not the only one."

"So what?" Stiles scoffed.

"So, I didn't either. You remember when I almost killed you and Jackson?" Scott asked. "I had someone to stop me. He has nobody."

"That's his own fault." Stiles dismissed.

"I didn't have anybody either." Gwen spoke up, looking at the boy. "And quite frankly I still don't. So it doesn't matter whether or not that's his fault. If we can save him, we should try." With that Gwen turned on her heel and walked away, sitting down beside the van whilst picking up a leaf and twirling it between her fingers. As it grew darker, Scott walked over to the girl with his hands in his pockets.

"Can I sit?" He asked.

"Go for it." Gwen answered. The boy sat down beside her, looking at the girl for a moment.